Chapter 13- bye

Third person POV

vera sits down next the cafe table with tommy, just how Cat is with Jack, Lilly is with Sam, Aida is with Freddie and the rest with their nameless flings "your eyelashes are like feathers"tommy stares in her eyes.

tears starts to threaten vera that they will come out "vera darling, i won't change, nothing in the world can change my love for you. nothing..."Tommy rubs his thumb on her knuckles. "remember the day you told me not even look at you when we were walking, it was around 10pm"he chuckles as tears spill, vera nods as her glossy eyes stare deep into his "and how i was about to walk into the lam post"she giggles sadly in the memory "and how you grabbed me by the collar before i could"he laughs lowly and sniffles "when i opened by eyes and saw those big doe eyes, thats when i knew..."he pulls vera's hand closer "that i loved you" he brings his hand softly caresses her cheek, she presses her face into his hand yearning for his touch as a tear drop falls onto his palm.

"ALL ABORAD TROOPS! TRAIN FOR GARE DE CALAIS"that announcement made all of the mothers, wives, fiancées shrivel up, the boys all start to head out into the train-station, they're clear cries from all over the room, once they troops get set into the train tommy is half way out the window "vera! vera! i love you"vera leaps onto the standing slab on the train, tommy kisses her desperately before the whistle blows

they hear two snap shots and look to a old man with a camera and hands one of the pictures to tommy "a memory, son"tommy gives a wide toothy smile to the old man "make Britain proud"he waves, tommy's eyes widen when he feels the train moving, he h...

they hear two snap shots and look to a old man with a camera and hands one of the pictures to tommy "a memory, son"tommy gives a wide toothy smile to the old man "make Britain proud"he waves, tommy's eyes widen when he feels the train moving, he holds her face and keeps kissing her until the train's pace gets quicker, to them no one else is there.

"VERA! VERA! VERA!"he yells as he stretches his hand out while the other men hold his body out to help him from falling "TOMMY"she cries and yells holding onto his hand sprinting with the train "I LOVE VERA PHILLIPS"and with that the train moves faster and faster trying her best to run past people she falls to the ground crying, tommy is gone... he's in god's hands now...

her sobs stain the floor and sees the mothers and wives and children the same, she feels arms wrapping around her "sam?"she looks up with already swollen eyes "my train is the next one thats just for the troops"she nods and cries into the nape of his neck "sam..."she looks up at his dark yet icy eyes "what was the sweet answer" he remembers the time when they were sat talking about the worst things that while happen to tommy and he asked if she wanted a sweat or savoury answer

"he will come back intact and love you more than ever before..."