Chapter 31- Her Voice

Play the song above

"I never knew she could sing" Mat whispers to Cat she giggles remembering the days when all their men were with us "that's how her beloved Tommy and her met, such a romantic story to tell their grandkids..." she sighs blowing out the smoke, the idea of vera and her fiancée ending up married and having children shreds his heart to pieces, he wants vera all to himself.

her voice just captures everyone's souls in the bar as they sing along " Will you please Hello to the folks that I know tell them I won't be long" everyone harmonizes together, "this war brought us together... it's like a novel story, to be honest, he comes back from a horrible war and shes suffering without him and when he comes back they finally say the L word and marry and have kids, that's a straight out of a novel" Lilly smirks looking up at vera.

everyone did not know what happened that one night with Him and Vera, "thank you and may this be the last Christmas eve without our men" she raises her glasses followed by horrays and clinking of glasses she hops off of the stage and walks up to her large group of friends "Vera your voice is amazing" Mat comments as everyone agrees "what were you guys talking about during my performance huh?!" she jokingly pouts.

"how romantic it would be once our men come back from the war, oh how marvelous the stories we will pass on" Lilly twirls in enjoy, "your crazy" Billy says with a hint of jealousy now that is the one-sided love everyone knows about, "hey have you heard of that new kid in town, John Walsh I think was it" Louis says then takes a hit of his drink.

"yeah I hear he's a little shell-shocked" Til adds " guys lets not pry" Cat waves her hands, "did you get any news from Jack" Lily says at Cat "maybe i haven't been at the post office yet" Vera scoffs "are you crazy that poor soldier is probably waiting for your reply you know how long it takes to get these letters out" she half yells "Calm down I did, i just don't know how to respond" Everyones eyebrows frown "he's coming home" Vera and Lilly scream jumping in joy, " I had the same reaction I'm all out of energy to do that again" she chuckled "what if he proposes" louis adds "THEN IT WILL BE A JOYACE DAY!' vera yells out " A ROUND OF CHAMPANGE A SOLDIER IS COMING HOME TO MARRY THIS GIRL" Cat hits Vera's arm, everyone cheers, say what you will about this depressed state the country is but when one of the men come home the life comes back to the town.

the champagne arrives "when is he coming" klaus adds "tomorrow at 2 pm" she smiles and giggles to herself "I have a camera we can take a picture of when the meet again!' klausHans replies "so billy, why isn't your country fully joining out war" Micheal finally spoke "some men are going but the US just doesn't want any responsibility but they're gonna join soon at this rate"he takes a sip of this glass "when do think Sam is coming home" Cat looks at the petite girl beside her, "I don't know, he whines about being stuck in a submarine for months now so he cant use my photo for good use" she whispers in Cat's ear.

"it's getting late guys we should head home" Til comments to everyone "yeah round up the car boys" Vera slurs

-----------------------------------------

"I forgot how handsome he is," Lily says undoing her pins "yup" vera starfishing across her large bed, "vera are you alright?"Cat looks away from Jack's photo, "yeah just thinking about things, so show us the letter!" she sits up and Lilly sprints...

"I forgot how handsome he is," Lily says undoing her pins "yup" vera starfishing across her large bed, "vera are you alright?"Cat looks away from Jack's photo, "yeah just thinking about things, so show us the letter!" she sits up and Lilly sprints to vera's bed, "alright alright alright" Cat giggles and reaches for her night gown pocket 

My beloved Catline

how I wish to see you ocean blue eyes and run my fingers through those golden locks but I rarely do so for you get made your pins will fall out of place, your the only thing keeping a smile plastered on my face each time I look at your locket, the men of my company thinking it growing insane.

Oh how I dream each night of your silk milk skin, those rosy red lips keep me up at night, I remember the night was I took you to beacon cliff and watched with you the latest pictures, it captivated you but I did not pay attention I was to busy memories every inch of you perfectly sculptured face, how you make me smile will always be a question that will puzzle me for day to day.

the main reasoning for this letter, however, is not to praise you well... sort of is, I am coming home, home to you in Vera's house back in wales I will meet you on platform nine at 2 pm 2:30 at the latest, I will ask you a life-changing question when I arrive and so I hope you reply straight away... 

Love Jack Wilson