Chapter 43- listen.

"is what i want to say..." she sighs and sits up straight "why..."confusion painted across his face "it's reckless, somehow this is illegal and we will be traced down and you will questioned do not go Matthias" he scoffs at her words and paces away "listen, you need to understand that this war will spilt us apart they'll do anything to get you court marshalled please for me just stay with me, stay with me here, we'll wait this war out see who's side is going to win and we will hurry to that place take a life there for good"she says clutching onto him on the verge of tears "I can't bear to lose you, dead or fleeing the country" her voice begins to crack.

"alright but Klaus is set on leaving" he sits down bringing her to his lap "what happened vera" he lowers his head to hers "to what" she stares into his dark ocean blue eyes, "you and Tommy what made you stop loving him that much to come with me" still not taking their eyes off each other, "i still love him, but i fear the life i would have if i stayed by him he wasnt a safe man to be with before the war and wont be afterwards" she whispers "he's changed, his love seemed forced, I remmeber people called us freaks but now i dont know what we are"she sighs out.

"Are you going to go..." she finally says the endig question thats been playing through her mind "no, but klaus is" he stands up taking her off of his lap "I'll be back, see you in the morning" he looks at her in the eyes trying to capture anything but longing love in her but finds his eyes trailing down to her lips that he simple grazed with his own, a few seconds of exchanging looks and he walk off out of the house lightly steppig out.

This was a deal breaker for everything for matthias, this is home he thought but now comig to his senses it isnt, he couldnt control his temper seeing his fellow people that aren't really his get beaten regardless of being a jew or not he doesnt like this treatment, father always said no matter if he is a black gay gypsie jew nothing would change, he is only a man jut like the next, his minds hops to one thought yo another this thick calas that grew on klaus's skull that he could bear the thought of being ok with nazis and being one.

He is so blinded by joing the fatherland once more but so did i he thinks, pushing through pebble pavement to the shore he is met with klaus and a fisherman, "im not going" Matthias says reframing from klaus's eyes as he picks off his luggage that he placed for him.

"Vera talked you out of it huh?" He ironically smiles "just so you know that women as gorgeous she is leads a ugly past, present and future, whatever it is that you need there will always be a home in Germany for you, Ill keep the seat warm just in case" he whispers in matthias ear so the man doesnt hear "we were separated after the flee" with that he hops on the boat and takes off.

"Bye..." he yells out to the sailling boat, a hand waves his off as it fades in to the sea view, the water just slightly rocks back and forth within itself, this cold winter air coat his bare shoulders, "you did the right thing matty" he turns to see vera, klaus's remarks still linger within his mind, she does lead scandals her way, not only hers but everyone around her but somehow he cant bring himself not to love her.

"We need to talk."he sighs taking her hand into the empty home