Chapter 41- Wedding days always go out in a bash.

vera runs the brush through her hair one last time and walks over to the bed and smiles down at Tommy who is reading a book, "it's nice to be somewhere quiet and warm" he says and sets his book down on the bedside table, vera slides into bed "i love you" Tommy says while pulling her closer to his chest.

"I love you too" she whispers...

"someone wrote to me," he says casually "a man that goes by as Matty" her eyes shot up to him "oh our neighbor is called Matthias but nickname him matty" she tries to keep calm "yes, well" he grabs his cigarette case and light then set one on and he blows out the smoke "he claims that you had an intimate relationship more than platonic" he speaks in a low cold voice, "what?" she looks up.

"goodnight Vera." he turns his body

"NO!" She sits up, Tommy sits up in shock "what's wrong?!" He gasps, it's just a dream... " I uh..." she stumbles of her words "I had nightmare that you had died in battle" his face softens, "I would never leave you alone..., listen we need to get ready now so we can make it to the church" he says and stands up walking to the bathroom "I invited my family" he yells from the bathroom "ok" she simply says, Vera slowly makes her way to the desk which hangs a mirror over it, she glares at herself questioning her love, sanity and if marrying him is a good idea.

Her love for Tommy is as strong as it in for Matthias, she quickly stands up shaking her head from these thoughts her brain must be tricking her right?, she walks into her bathroom, she brushes her teeth and face meanwhile Tommy is taking a shower "I'm wearing the same dress my mother wore on her wedding day" she says while wiping away the water from her face...
He just gives a simple reply but she starred holes into the sink as tears start rolling down her cheek and finally a gasp of tears escapes her mouth making Tommy jump out immediately.

"Vera... my love what's wrong" he stroked her hair and looked at her as if she was the only women on earth for him which is true, the look of passion and love possess his eyes "I'm scared I'll lose you" she cries into his naked chest.

"Don't worry my love, you will never lose me"

—————————-

"you may kiss the bride" with that Tommy grabs her by the waist, dips her and kisses her, the loud clapping and cheering fills the room but to Mr. and Mrs. Shelby everything was quiet, Vera's full love fell right back into place, all thoughts of her running away with Matthias vanished, when she landed back on her feet she was brought back to reality, she faces Polly and Ada crying with cat and Lilly, the boys from the fire station and many officers were there a well but a pang of guilt suddenly hit her when she sees Matthias, no words can describe the pain plastered all over his face.

he quickly wipes away a tear from falling off his cheek, he mouths out 'why' to her, she nervously looks away and takes hold of Tommy's hand and ran out with him out the church and into the car. " I want you now," she says desperately, his eyes widen as he nods and starts the engine and bolts off meanwhile in the church everyone is laughing except Matthias, Klaus looks over to him "we need to talk" with that Klaus grabs Matthias out of the church and to the side of the building.

"we're not jews," Klaus says while looking down, "what..." Mat says with parted lips "I've talked to Hans an-" "YOU WHAT" Matthias yells . "shut up! I talked to him and he did some research, he found out that our grandparents had lied about being jews so they could be taken in by Jewish families because no one else would take in orphans, he found their real identities in these casing files, people thought everyone died on the ship from Sweden to Germany but they did not apparently" he sighs out. "we need to go home... Matthias." Klaus says with a cracking voice "ok" Matthias says.