Chapter 19- WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME

Matthias POV

i stomp into the house and sit down on the blanket covered furniture i yet have to clean "where you been"  i look up at Klaus

"you know how bad you hit Michael?" Klaus continue "did you tell vera about us?"his voice goes into horror 

"did you know she was engaged..."i snap back at him "yes.."he looks down, i pop my arm onto the table 

"he looks down, i pop my arm onto the table 

"why didn't you tell me uncle..."my voice cracks "your not the only one who fell for her Matthias, i did too but the man she is going to marry he's no joke...he's a bloody gangster, no one could ever match up to him"he says stunned "who. fucking. cares."i edge up from my seat "I was in the hitler youth program! I was a high ranking SS officer! I WAS A JEW AMONGST NAZI'S FOR YEARS"i look at him up and down "you were there for barely a year"i whisper it as a threat "you honestly believe that Birmingham gangster can hurt me? I was trained like a nazi i killed my  own kind, I'm not a coward"i scoff looking amused at him "speak for yourself when you say no one can match up to him, you weren't even the one who planned our escape"the look of disgust is written all over my face "are you really made at me because you can't get with vera?"he scoffs looking at me "I'm mad because you lied to me"i point out my index finger glaring at him.

"i edge up from my seat "I was in the hitler youth program! I was a high ranking SS officer! I WAS A JEW AMONGST NAZI'S FOR YEARS"i look at him up and down "you were there for barely a year"i whisper it as a threat "you honestly believe that Birmi...

like i said, i was a very patient person but i forgot to mention i had a temper that was fit for a nazi officer, i sit down on the edge of my bed and look down at a distorted picture of my mother, it's been too long...

In the morning

i open my bedroom door to see Klaus with his hand up "i was about to knock"i walk past him bumping past his shoulders "are you still mad?"he walks behind me "no"i say shortly and go into the bathroom"well get ready because we're invited for breakfast"the thought of seeing vera sparked one small flame in me

i grab my things from the closet and get dressed "ready?"he says and nod "i left the bird i shot on the kitchen counter, use them"i say and walk intently to their house door "lighten up you look like you're about to raid a home"he smiles and i press my lips into a thin line suppressing my smile "try not to look so SS, like moved your hands from behind your back"he says and i do so, i finally knock and see Klaus's mutts "oh hello there"we actually took Wolfgang with us when we escaped, they were going to put him down because like us didn't want to attack the jews when he was ordered to.

"hey"Cat opens the door and allows us both to walk in "you finally furnished the house"i look around in shock it looks like a palace "ya vera powered through it the other night" she says yawning  "come"she holds Klaus's hand leading him to the outside balcony, we're greeted with a tired looking vera who is drifting off into sleep and Lilly talking to Michael, i slightly smirk at him "Hündin Junge"i say under my breath getting and nudge from Klaus, we start eating "damn this bloody war i miss Sammy"Lilly says starring at her ring "wait how many of you are married or engaged?" i say look around and see everyone's hand up but not Michael and Klaus.