Chapter 27- Mail Call

"SHELBY, WILLIAM SHELBY!" a boy walks along the rows of wounded depressed solders, "here"the man beside thomas who he befriended Jordon, the boy gave the man a letter.

"Tommy it's almost christmass this might be a gift from your Vera"he lowered his head to meet tommy's hang head, "why wont this bloody war over"tommy banged his head on the wooden wall of the dirty trench. 

"when we beat that dirty little hitler, i heard his cock is the size of a fly"Jordon's thick Welsh accent made Tommy smile, the reason why he was so close wit Jordon was because of his accent, the tone of his accent reminded of him of his soul mate the neckless which hung around his neck was the closest thing too her she can get. "they have such disgusting ideas"Richard scoffed he was a jewish boy 16 or so, "ya but they're women sure are something"russel sat down by richard sighing.

tommy rips open the top, last letter he got was filled with so much laughter he can only imagine what the second one was like but now he had the opportunity to, a photograph of vera in a bathing suit "OOOHHWEE"russell looks of tommy's shoulder "thats some good wanking material there"he chuckles and turns to see jordon shaking his head to him "thats his fiancée"he whispered and immedently that shut russell up.

he stuffed it his jacket trying not to show how much happiness he was in not because of the racy photo but because he got to see her face once more.

he gets up and walks into the hut where all the dead bodies are, "don't stand here William it will only make your shell shock worse"nurse lara came up behind him, ever since the first day he knew she liked him to make matters worse he never told her he was engaged 

"these 3 were in my platoon"he gives a sad chuckle and lights a cigrette

she leans in and holds his arm"it wasn't your fault"she raises her eyebrows at him, she moves in closer and grazes her lips on him, he frowns squeezing his eyes shut as he gulp "don't"he whispers, she cups his face with both hands "i'm in love"her...

she leans in and holds his arm"it wasn't your fault"she raises her eyebrows at him, she moves in closer and grazes her lips on him, he frowns squeezing his eyes shut as he gulp "don't"he whispers, she cups his face with both hands "i'm in love"her eyes lighten up by his words "with my fiancée"she giggled "what a proposal" he pulled him self back "i mean my parents would aprove but it will take some convincing i mean we are american after all and you British we could go to them in jackson after the war or if things get bad when you get discharged by brother would probably ha-"

"ENOUGH WOMEN"he yells at her as she startled "darling whats... whats wrong"she reaches for his arm but he pulls away "i am in love with a women called Vera ok she is my soul mate"he says with a pleading voice and she scoffs "am i not pretty enough huh? is that it because i have a hundred men waiting at him for me i am a goodess to the-" he opens his locket

"if you honestly believe that you are more beautiful than her then your worse then a shell shocked soldier, godess my ass, a godess doesn't go into a temper tantrum when rejected you take it in poise have you no shame no pride my lord you tried th...

"if you honestly believe that you are more beautiful than her then your worse then a shell shocked soldier, godess my ass, a godess doesn't go into a temper tantrum when rejected you take it in poise have you no shame no pride my lord you tried the same thing with a negro soldier you are desperate american girls are more of whores then the french ones"he scoffs and smirks walking away.