Chapter 44- left behind

"What will you do with Tommy when the war is over" he sighs turning on the fireplace "wait it out he may not live" she says clearly not convinced with his words, " Vera who do you love more" he whispers "you" her voice says shaking "why". He says asking the same old question "because I can see a good and stable life with you" she steps closer to him "your willing to be with a ex nazi" he chuckles "your not now"

"What if I want to go back home even if we lose would you come with me" he says breathlessly "Matthias it won't be safe" she frowns out "answer me" he says with a blank expression "what are you going to do huh? You honestly believe they'll take Klaus with open arms? I know the stories about the deserters , he will be treated and punished for it and so will you" she says harshly, "I'd rather die in my homeland" he pushes her and leaves out the door "KLAUS" he screams and he is still in eye length "WAIT UP" he yells and goes up to his room and packs everything including the photo of Vera.

She just stands there watching him walk away "take care of the dogs" he says and walks back into the boat, Vera stays there shocked as he floats away...
"FUCK YOU, YOU GERMAN BASTARD!" Vera screams at the top of her lungs sobbing, "Vera" Micheal....
"Micheal?" She looks and sees him standing straight behind him "letter came a bit late but I'm here polly and Ada understood where you were coming from" he says with his concern worsening by every word due to how shattered she looks, "he left" she looks down at her thin dress and boots.

"I knew from the moment I lied eyes on him he was two faced" he says pulling her into an embrace.

—————————-
Lilly was about the give birth at any moment now since a month has passed and the doctor said he heard two heart beats "being pregnant in the middle of a world war is not fu-" Lilly stops her sentence looking at the wheezing Vera "Vera love what's wrong" Lilly frowns and Vera goes sprinting to the bathroom.

"Let's go" Cat says dropping her cooking knife and helps Lilly wobble out of her chair and into the living room bathroom, "Vera" Cat calls out from the open door "Vera when was your last period" Lilly says, Vera looks up and smiles "VERA!" The two girls scream in happiness "your pregnant!" Lilly says and claps "you must write to Tommy" Cat runs to fetch a pencil and paper

Sorry it's so short today but I will be posting tomorrow hopefully quick shoutout to onelouisone for supporting my work and to everyone who has added the story to their reading list but probably didn't start yet
XOXO