chapter 30- the letter

"I want to go home Mr.Shelby, I want to go home"yet another young man is dying in my arms "shhh Dylan, you will be and if by the off chance that you won't you will see your dad ye?"i dont know what worse that he's dying slowly or that im telling him his gonna die.

"tell lilth i love her and that daddy will watch over her..."he slowly relaxes "i can see angels Mr.Shelby"his eyes wonder to the sky, one day that will be me... the tears start to follow and i wont hide it as i covered his lids his eyes "time of death 23:26 April 19th 1940" i wipe my eyes and place him by the 'death ditch'

"AY SHELBY LOOK WHAT WE GOT ER!" furgus and Don grab a man "a kraut" Don chuckles throwing him at my feet "nein nein nein bitte tu mir nicht weh"i pulled him up by the collar and through him to the ground, i dont care anymore, "FUCK YOU AND YOUR FÜHHRER"i climb ontop of him at this point my knuckles are bleeding from each punch "thats enough sir" harry pulls me off 

"get david and translate the information"

"MAIL CALL"a soldier comes down the line and hands me a letter "it's a couple months late sir"he then continues.

i head into my tent and sit on the bed and  turn the letter "Vera Phillips" i sit up straight i can feel my heart beat... "vera..."i sigh 

My Dear Tommy

oh how i long to see you my love, life is not the same without and i do not know how i've gone without you but i guess it was because i smell you cologne and sleep in your clothes every night...

anyways i believe that you will be alive, i hope. wales seem so strange... we live off the land at times, during dinner parties i pretend your sitting by me, Michael and I don't get along well but i have become good friends with our neighbors they are amazing gentlemen that work in the fire station, they're all so kind! it so much fun, every day there is something to do in the big house.

Lilly cries every night though and sometimes so does Car, life is messed up here in Wales every woman is on the edge hoping their son, father, the lover will be alright and will live another day in this savage world but still we progressive and block away from the negative thoughts,

please write to me... I don't care anymore fake an illness and come home to me before it's too late. I need you in my life. i have taken a photograph to relieve yourself so you don't go bump into any French girls, oh I hope you shan't! I would kill you Thomas Shelby if I don't Polly would.

Love Vera