Chapter 38- Reply 1940

"so what now Vera" Cat says looking up the brunette "i love him" she sighs "then that's perfe-"

"i love Matthias as well" she looks up gulping "Vera..."Lilly leans in for vera's hand "i know it's stupid but I cant picture my life without him" she wipes a tear with the back of her hand and bats her lashs while looking to the side "god I'm going insane, I used to say that about tommy but... I'm in fear..." her lip quivers as tears threaten to pour out "what are you fearing..." Cat says moving closer to Vera "That I won't love Tommy like before" she breathes out.

"with tommy its dangerous I mean i have never thought about life with kids with him, He's a gangster from Birmingham, owns a gambling company and fights with other gangsters, i just don't understand how i was blinded to it, i was in love yes but i just didn't see there is any real life there..." she sadly smiles looking down, the girls sat there shcoked unable to fin dwords because they too never thought of it, they can see children with there husbands but vera...

"the pros of him is that he was a good lover, wild and unpredictable, what about Mat" Lilly says "whats his pros and cons" she adds "he is a gentle lover,  he makes me laugh all the time, i come to him when i need someone when im alone, I can see a life with children with him" she ends off with "cons?" Lilly asks "He's originally a nazi" Cat says "he escaped before they found out he was a jew" Lilly scoffs back at Cat "he isn't your husband that vowed to marry no matter what, "Cat says again  "you know what Caitline i don't need your judgment and if you won't listen to as a friend then you can the fuck out of my house" Vera screams and walks out the door and heads to Mat's house.

a loud knock hits the door and Klaus answered with a confused look, she ignores him and walks up stairs, down the hall to Mat's room and swings open the door, he's lied out on the bed with a book in one hand and another behind his head, "vera.." he tiltes his book to look at her, she slams the door and sits by his side, "I love you too" she says turning her head to him "but i don't know if i can be with you" she whispers out on the verge of tears "I'm still supposed to marry Tommy, I love him as well but i don't see a safe life with him still even if he says he will do so and so, you can leave behind the life he has its recoverable but with you i can, i see a house with a big yard and a son and a baby daughter" she smiles weakly to herself "you coming home from work grinning as the kids come running to you, I'll be home making supper"

"what do you want to do then..." he turns his head to her surpressing a grin "i need you but i  owe him"