Chapter 37- Febuary

Months went by and Lilly's baby bump became more visible, after that letter, it took him till January to revice it but when he did, oh lord he did in fact write so many letters that he could make a book, he promised he would be moved to the airforce, he wrote a whole letter talking about baby names, another where to get all the supplies and how he would be an engineer with tommy once the war was over and 4 explain his never ending love for her.
It was about time tommy should've sent a letter but i feard that he just became so infatuated with the war he forgot about home, "Vera, a word" Jack said snapping me out of my daydream i nod a stand up.

"Well i will cut to the chase, i heard you and that neighbor for yours and I've stayed quiet for a while, i just need you to know that, i wasn't completely honest with you thats why i wasnt angry with you" her eyes knit together "the nurse thing happened in the first few months but when we were stationed to eastern front of france he became, not himself he completely acted like a heartless jackass" he clears his throat "he spent most of his days in brothels" at those few words my heart fell to my stomach, my fingetips started to hurt, my goosebumps were more prominent then ever and i can feel warm tears fall down my ice cold cheeks.
"I'm sorry i didnt tell you before he was my friend but i also grown to know him pretty well and he's well... a good liar" i couldnt move "i thought by telling you this you might have a chance of happiness, i saw the way he looked at you and how he talked about you, listen um... I'm going to be stationed in belgum but i think you should talk to tommy and think things over"he says and just leaves me behind, my knees feel weak and all i could feel is a throbbing pain when my knees hit the hard wooden floor.

"Vera!" Polly comes running to me i just cant bear to see her, she related to that bastard "hes been cheating on me" i whisper out but i know i cant control my anger "HE'S BEEN FUCKING FRENCH WHORES" my screams could be echoed through the whole home "Vera... I didn't think it would come to this" she says sadly.
"I thought tommy left his old ways" i just stand up and walk out the house, i need time alone, my slippers dont sheild my feat from the cold but what can i do...

The grass is all i can see, pebbles and dirt, i just look up and see myself ontop of the hill that was quiet far from the house
1hour goes by, 2, 3, 4, 5 and its sunnset
"VERA" i dont turn but i know that sweet, sweet voice....
"Matty" my voice came out torn " what happened" he ran to me and sat beside me and places his jacket over me "tommy, that man whore" i chuckle
"He's been fucking french whores thats what happened" i chuckle again "i shouldve known that he wouldn't change, i dont want to see polly or ada again" after that it all goes black
————————-—
"Shes up" i can feel my shivers become greeted with a fire "polly and ada left, Matthias told is everything" Cat says stroking my hair "i need to be honest with you two.
They just nod and sit beside me "i too have slept with another, which is matthias and it isnt just lust i have feelings for him, he confessed on Christmas and Jack heard and just today he told me what tommy was really up to" i can feel the tears come out they would be disgusted by me
"We know you two liked each other we didnt think it would go that far, thomas was a mad man Vera but Matthias is a gentleman he brings out the best and loving, kind side of you" lilly says and gives me a weak smile
"We ignored because we thought we would offend you, Michael gave us that vibe too but he also packed up and left with polly and ada and the kids" Cat says, how...
"Write to tommy and tell him how much he hurt you and how he should never come back home" Lilly says

"I still love him guys..."i cant believe i still could say that "its all up to you ver-" a knock hits the door.

"Mail" cat says and turns and brings it to vera

Dear Vera

I've craved your touch, my new company is driving me insane, they go to brothels and bring their french whores with them, i tend to them at time but i know Jack has got an eye out for me, i knew he got the story wrong before i could explain.

He has arrived to your home by now and i knew he would spill the news to you, I am writing to you to explain that i go into these brothels to pick up my drunken men out one by one, i help tens these women but i only talk to them to make sure they are not infested like most french women are nowaday, i love you Vera Phillips and i need you to know that, you are my world.

I'm also writing you this to tell you I'll be coming home for us to be married, I want you to bear my child so i too would come home to a son or daughter, even though the child might not know who i am, i will stay alive no matter what, even if i will be a coward in my men's eyes.

Love Thomas Shelby

"So that just cleard it huh"