Chapter 1~ Hello

June 2012

"Hello"- The Cat Empire (song on the side)

"And some like watching people living on TV. That's a little strange if you're asking me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat down on my couch, cereal bowl in hand. I clicked on the television and saw BBC News was on. Ugh. I absolutely hated watching the news channels. They were always so boring and dull, talking about the weather and whatnot. I sighed and muted the telly with the remote that I still held, then sat it down to get a bite of ©Weetabix cereal from my bowl that sat in my lap.

As I was chewing the biscuit cereal in my mouth, I looked out the French doors that led to my rather large backyard. It was a sunny day outside and a sunny day in London was a rare one, so I had decided at that exact moment I would go out later that day for a walk or something to that extent.

My gaze slowly averted back to the television screen I had been watching before as my eyes locked with a pair of mesmerizing foggy blue eyes. ‘Why does this boy look so familiar?’ I asked myself, as it said his name nowhere on the screen, but he was highly attractive, which was definitely a bonus. I didn’t bother unmuting the television though. It’s not like I had to hear him speak to be able to see his face, right?

After the lad had obviously gotten done speaking (probably from answering some question he had been asked), they went back to the interviewer woman for a moment before coming to a wide screen shot as I realized that there were four other lads surrounding the blonde one I had first spotted. All five of them were absolutely gorgeous, although the first lad was the only blonde haired one out of the bunch, making him stand out from the rest, which I liked. I was always the type to go against the grain as well. The cameras then went to a close-up shot of the five of them together as a name flashed under their faces. One Direction.

The first boy on the far left closest to the interviewer had a kind of caramel brown pair of eyes and his head by the looks of it had recently been shaved. His face was a bit scruffy on his chin and there was a small birthmark on the side of his neck. He was dressed in a simple white shirt that was kind of sheer, but it wasn’t like he didn’t have a shirt on. He also had on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a pair of low-top white converse; you know, the ones with the red strip down the sides?

The next lad had hair that was most likely naturally straight, but had been mussed up with hair gel to look wavy and wind-blown. He also had a bit of the scruff going on similar to the one sitting to the left of him and his eye color was a clear, sky blue similar to the first of the five that I’d seen, though his were clear while the other ones were more foggy. This boy was dressed in bright red skinny jeans, which I liked quite a lot; it was definitely my style. On top, he had on a white shirt, but his had horizontal navy blue stripes that matched the navy blue Toms he had on his feet. Lastly, connected to his jeans were a pair of red suspenders that were great. I loved the quirky style he had going on there. I wanted him to be my friend.

The one in the middle of the five was the only one with green eyes, similar to my own. His hair was a little bit longer than all the others and was obviously naturally curly. His face was completely flawless of any imperfection and his teeth were perfectly straight. The dimples in his cheeks grew deeper the wider his smile got and he looked like he was one of the youngest, if not the youngest out of the group. This lad was dressed in a pair of tan coloured Chino’s with a white under shirt and a navy blue blazer on top. On his feet were shoes pretty much exactly like the first boys; the white converse with the red strip along the side of them.