Chapter 30~ The Brass Tax

"We So Fly" by The GGGG's

"So rock with us tonight! We so fly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ah, Anna; you're right on time," the chief executive officer, Stanley said from his chair at the head of the table.

"Just like always," I replied with a smile, walking farther into the room, the guitar on my back. Sitting next to Stanley was a couple of other executive officers, but I didn't know their names because in that room was the only place I'd even seen them, as well as my manager, Charles.

"Well, let's get down to the brass tax," Stanley began. "Do you have your demo?"

"Actually, I had something else in mind," I said cautiously as not to offend him. "If it's okay with you, I'd like to bring in some help," I added in a skeptical tone.

Stanley shrugged and nodded his head. "Go right ahead, Miss Daugherty," he told me with a smile on his face and I grinned back at him in appreciation.

"Come on in, lads!" I called out into the hallway. Niall came in first and stood beside me, his guitar already out its case. Louis came in next with Liam and began setting up his keyboard. Lastly to come in were Zayn and Harry (who by the way was still smiling like an idiot for some odd reason). Zayn was carrying the box of auxiliary instruments and Harry was just walking, his hands shoved in the pockets of his black skinny jeans.

"Board members," I continued. "Let me introduce to you Louis Tomlinson," I said and gestured to Louis who was still trying to set up the keyboard with the help of Liam.

"Hi there!" Louis exclaimed with a wave.

I smiled and kept going. "Liam Payne."

Liam smiled and waved slightly. "Hello," he said with a discreet nod.

"Zayn Malik."

"'Vas happenin'?!" Zayn exclaimed in that ridiculously-hilarious accent of his that I (and apparently everyone else in the room) couldn't help but laugh at.

"Harry Styles," I continued after a moments pause for laughter.

The Cheshire boy smiled cheekily at the board members and said, "Hey!"

"And last but not least, Niall Horan," I finished, gesturing to Niall who still stood beside me, his arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"Hello," Niall said with a slight wave as well.

I looked back at the board members and they were all still in a slight state of shock. "Now I know you're probably wondering where these boys came from and how I convinced them to come here with me," I began to explain.

"So are we," Zayn added cunningly and I shot him a look. Making him shut up and raise his hands in surrender.

"Well long story short; Niall and I are childhood friends. We lost contact when we were eleven. Flash forward seven years: Harry gave me a concussion and I didn't know he was, so he took me home and we all got trapped inside their flat for two days and after some alcohol and a whole lotta carrots, we ended up here," I vaguely explained to the members of the board, earning a laugh from all of them. "Anyway, this is a song that all six of us wrote together as a team," I finished with a smile.

"The A-Team!" Louis yelled victoriously.

"Louis, we are NOT prostitutes!" I shouted back at him and he sighed in defeat, making everyone laugh once again. I quickly got out my guitar, sitting the case aside and putting the strap over my head. "Alright," I continued. "This song is titled 'What Will It Be?'."