Chapter 36~ Saved By The Bell

"Relief"- The Dodos

"I hope that this relief doesn't die."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Put another X on the calendar. Summer's on its death bed. There is simply nothing worse than knowing how it ends. And I meant everything I said that night. I will come back to life, but only for you," my phone rang from the pocket of my jean shorts. I cleared my throat, Harry dropping my hands as I reached for my iPhone. I looked at the caller ID and I had absolutely no idea who it was. I contemplated with myself for a moment before finally deciding to actually answer it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone after hitting the answer button. I watched as Harry's gaze traveled slowly down to the floor before he turned around and made his way back over to where he stood before at the stove. What was going on with that boy?

"Hello, love; it's Liam here," he said through the phone. I smiled when I heard his voice. "Umm, where exactly are you? Are you alright??"

My eyes widened. "Oh, I'm sorry, Liam!" I had forgotten to call Louis and let him know what had happened!

"It's alright; Lou and I just got back to your house. We stopped by the park after the paps had been chasing us for nearly an hour and you weren't there," he explained to me. "So the two of us had figured that you just came back to your house, but then when we got here, Niall told us that you hadn't been home, so we all got quite worried."

"Well, I'm fine," I told the lad. "When I got to the park, I sat on a bench waiting for you and Lou, but the paparazzi recognized me somehow-"

"Are you serious?" Liam interjected, the disbelief lacing his tone.

I pursed my lips, nodding though he couldn't see me. "Yeah."

"Jesus; I'm really sorry about that, love," he apologized to me sincerely. "They can be bloody leeches at times."

"It's okay, Liam; Harry was there to save me." The Cheshire boy glanced up at me at the mention of his name and I gave him a quick playful wink. The smile broke out on his face against his will and his gorgeous white teeth slipped out from behind his peach-coloured lips.

"Harry was there?" he questioned nearly instantaneously, puzzled by the mention of the lads name. I heard the other three boys exchange a few muffled words over the phone.

I breathed out a chuckle. "Yeah, Harry came up out of nowhere and grabbed me out of the middle of 'em, running me all the way back to his and Louis' flat... that's where we are now," I answered Liam, watching Harry as he went back to writing on the piece of notebook paper, the slight smile still visible on his face. Every once and a while he would write a short phrase down, but most of the time he'd only be thinking of what to scribble down next, tapping his pencil on his leg or his cheek as his eyebrows would furrow together and his eyes darkened with thought.

"Oh, that's great!" Liam exclaimed. "We'll head over there right now, then-"