Chapter 12~ Promises

"I'm Not Okay- I Promise"- My Chemical Romance

"What will it take to show you that it's not the life it seems? I've told you time and time again you sing the words but don't know what it means."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The air around Zayn and I was silent for a moment until we were both sure Niall wasn't anywhere nearby and he spoke. "It was about your mum, wasn't it?" he asked me. I nodded my head and crossed my arms over my chest, trying to keep all of my emotions chained up inside of me. Zayn pulled me into a comforting hug and I couldn't help but silently start crying again.

"She c-came to Niall and I's wed-ding and tried to take him away from me so I would marry the man she wanted me to," I whispered to him through my sobs. "He almost got over to me, b-but... she hit him over the head with an alcohol bottle and she... s-she... she killed him."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," he said hugging me tighter.

"My dress had turned red from his blood... He died in my arms and there was nothing I could do about it," I told him.

"I won't ever let that happen... to Niall or you," Zayn told me, pulling away to look sincerely into my eyes.

I nodded my head and pursed my lips as the last of my tears slid down my cheeks. "Okay," I managed to choke out.

"Alright. Now let's go get you some breakfast," Zayn said reaching out to pick me up, but I stopped him before he could.

"I should be able to walk by myself," I told him. He looked at me hesitantly. "I'll be fine. Remember, this isn't the first time that's happened."

"Right," he said and stood up, taking a step back as I stood up from the bed as well and smiled at him victoriously.

"Told you," I said and he chuckled, shaking his head at me as he walked out the door, I quickly walked after him because I still wasn't completely sure how to get to the kitchen because I hadn't walked there myself at all.

Not even a minute later, Zayn and I made our way into the kitchen where Liam and Niall were both making breakfast together. "Hey! You can walk again!" Niall exclaimed as he saw me walking over to stand next to him while he made hotcakes on the stove.

I smiled at him and Liam looked over to as well. "Good morning, star shine," Liam said to me as he put bacon on the hot griddle. "The earth says hello."

"I love that movie!" Zayn shouted from the dining room table across the way.

I gave him and Liam a confused look. "What movie?" I questioned.

"'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'," Liam told me and I still had a bewildered look on my face. "Don't tell me you've never seen that movie."

"I haven't seen a lot of movies," I retorted.

"Really?" Zayn asked.

I shrugged. "Name off some good movies." Liam was the first to say anything.

"'Toy Story'?" he said immediately.

"That's a rhetorical question," I replied and rolled my eyes at him. "I've seen all the 'Toy Story' movies."

Liam sighed in relief. "Good," he began.

"'Inception'?" Zayn asked again.

I shook my head. "Nope."

"'I Am Legend'?" Niall chimed in.

"Nope," I repeated again.

"Any of the 'Batman' movies?" Zayn questioned me another time.

"Nope."