6

Chapter 6: A little bit like home

Kim Taehyung has never been this bored.

In the small place between the sofa and the television, there he sat rocking back and forth in a rhythm as his eyes were glued to the tv. And to his bad luck nothing interesting was happening there.

A long sigh left his mouth watching two people cook something on the screen. If it was some other time he would felt hungry and he wished he was, thinking about food would be less boring.

When you left for college early in the morning after feeding him a bowl of cereal and handing him a plastic bag filled with junk foods from stationary shop to eat later (since you can't cook for your life) then turning the tv on before leaving, he had been bored ever since then.

And he has never felt this hopeless too. Up there he had brothers, his friends. And he wondered why none of them had visited since the encounter with RM and Jhope. Well, it only has been two days but didn't he feel lonesome already?

Up there playing with his friends in the garden filled with roses, or having a conversation with the chickens, making his brothers angry eating their foods, those thoughts, those damn thoughts clouded his mind and once again his eyes were teary.

He shook his head vigorously. No. He had to be strong! This was the reason why everyone there treated him like a child!

And he also thought of being strong for you. It's not like he hadn't heard your story. He knew how lonely you were to ask for a boyfriend that night, he knew when he was carrying out his mission. And he really wanted to help you.

Clicking his tongue annoyed at himself, at his way of becoming emotional at the smallest things he looked at the remote control lying next to him. And he was done fighting the urge to try that boxlike 'thing' out.

Licking his lip he carefully picked up the remote. Heart beating faster in anticipation, a weird grin also made its way on his face on the thought of controlling the television with this thing.

It wouldn't be so hard. He had seen you turning on the tv with this, then he saw you changing the channels, raising the sound volume like magic. He was truly amazed. Even more when you gave it to him like it was the most natural thing.

Unlike up there when he was a fairy younger than almost everyone and no one would take him seriously or trust him enough to handle important things. Not even his brothers but that didn't stop him from having his way with his mischiefs.

The thought of handling things by himself all alone suddenly, made him really proud of himself. In no time his nostrils were flared and chest rose up high. Shrugging away the nervousness he proudly clicked on a button he saw you clicking earlier.

And then magic happened.

Like, poof! The cooking show was gone and on the screen now were a bunch of people singing and dancing crazily to a loud music. Bang bang bang, was what they were screaming.