19

Chapter 19: New friend in the club

"I... I did a really bad thing. He hates me now!" Jimin cried out in his shaky tone.

Taehyung didn't know what to do as he watched the boy break down in tears, shaking and whimpering, his small hands brought to his chubby cheeks that couldn't hold all those tears.

"Kookie hyung?" Taehyung could only ask taking a seat next to him, his hand never leaving Jimin's trembling shoulder.

"J-jungkook, my hyung," Jimin mumbled between his sobs. "I... broke one of his ironman toys!"

The crying only got louder and even Taehyung had to flinch. Taehyung knew he was the king of crying, back in heaven he'd throw a tantrum whenever he couldn't get what he wanted. And his brothers had a hard time for that.

But he never knew how it was like to sooth someone in this state, he'd never seen someone as shaken as the little one.

And he felt really bad.

"We could buy new toys for him?" Taehyung suggested trying to meet Jimin's eyes which his hands were covering.

"No..." Jimin muffled another sob shaking his head to the sides. "T-they're really expensive. He bought them from the overseas. I just... I just wanted to take a good look on them, in my own h-hands and I... before I knew it, it felt and..."

It was hard to understand all those incoherent words but Taehyung tried his best. Jimin finally let go off holding his face, it was a sight to see.

There were snot all over already, his small face as red as it could get. Eyes puffier than ever making his eyeballs almost go invisible.

"I thought hyung would hit me like he does every time I make a mistake!" Jimin cried out again. "But he didn't! He only looked at me like he was really disappointed! He didn't scold me too! He didn't eat breakfast with me, nor lunch. He ignored me!"

It looked like as if Jimin was already tired crying so much. Only soft whimpers left his mouth as he rubbed his hands all over his face, so Taehyung helped. With the back of his shirt's sleeve he rubbed away the snot from Jimin's face, his tearstained cheeks too.

"Hyung hates me...," Jimin sighed looking down. His full lips trembling nonstop as he bit down on his lower one hard. "Hyung has always hated me but he's tolerated me till now. Now that I've done this... He'll never talk to me again..."

There was pure heartbreak in his voice. Taehyung wondered, how much the boy loved his brother.

"I'm sure your brother doesn't hate you, Jimin-ah. Maybe he needs some time to accept that his favourite toy is broken."