27 (final)

Chapter 27: It's time to say goodbye

"Can we do something with the money left from God?" There was a tug on your full sleeved shirt, it was Taehyung with a faint smile. Since you'd came back to Seoul from Gwangju, it's been two days, two days since Taehyung had said anything unrelated to daily necessaries.

It surprised you but you hid it carefully with a smile. "Why Tae? What do you want to buy?"

His smile grew wide, eyes crinkling into a thin line with his box shaped mouth showing all his teeth.

You'll miss that smile of his.

"I want to dye my hair temporarily! Oh, and I want to buy some books too!" Taehyung beamed, still holding onto your shirt with his two fingers.

"I thought you'd want to buy Gucci and I was afraid because we don't have that much money left," you chuckled wholeheartedly. "I see that you already got to me prepared."

Wearing a bright red jumper with a black shirt underneath, the latter looked more than ready to go outside.

"But you still need something." You weren't late to go to your bedroom and fetch a scarf, a white mask too.

You put on the mask on his face, carefully wrapped the scarf around his neck after. The boy stared at you widely so you laughed. "You're sick, remember?" And so he gave a sheepish smile, his chin invisible under the fluffy scarf.

Adorable. You wished to bop his nose but you turned on your heel. "Let's go," you said.

Perhaps it was the time to let go off him. But would you really be able to do that?

Especially at a time like this, when it reminded you of the old times. The first time you'd met Taehyung and he'd always be eager to go outside, explore around the whole neighbourhood. Buying his first clothes, the walk backs to home after college and your part time job.

The first time holding hands, him kissing you under the rain, meaningless conversations late at night on the rooftop, tata, yeontan. There were too much memories already, and you wished those beautiful memories wouldn't feel like a pain now.

A giggle interrupted your train of thoughts. The magazine you had dipped your head down sitting on the beauty salon, only consisted of blurry lines and pictures. When you looked up a red headed Taehyung was grinning at you. "Don't I look good?" He could hardly talk smiling so hard.

Just good would be an understatement. He looked way too good.

But all you did was show him a thumbs up. If you spoke you were sure, the pain would be see through. And you knew Taehyung wouldn't like you seeing hurt.

You only wanted to be happy for him. But why was it so hard to do.

The walk to the bookstore was silent. People staring your way like always, mostly at the beautiful being by your side didn't matter anymore. But you took a closer look to him anyway as you walked by his side.