11

Chapter 11: Enemies become friends

Somehow Taehyung's tiny hand had perfectly fit into yours, even though an hour this might've felt like a bad hallucination.

The small boy rested his head by the side of your arm, he wasn't even tall enough to place his head on your shoulder.

Then he rubbed his sleepy eyes letting out a small yawn. Looking at you he made his cheeks puffed with air. "How long do we have to wait Sarang?" He said in his meek little voice.

"I don't know baby-" realizing that you had just called him baby you immediately cleared your throat.

Come on, Sarang he's not a baby! Inside he's a grown up!

But looking at his small innocent face, blonde fluffy hair resting atop his head, cheeks still puffed, rosy lips pouty made you only wonder if this boy was ever the grown man with the same attitude you've seen before.

"Are you really not going to tell me if it was Seokjin hyung or not?" He rubbed his nose with his oversized sleeves. "I know it's him. Only he treasured these clothes from my childhood. Even though he brought the wrong size; this would fit a ten year old. I think I'm younger than that now."

Oh such a weird conversation.

"Let's be patient okay? We can just wait till he... uh gets here."

Seokjin had managed to secretly drop by the 'childhood cloths' but the other part of the job was taking him longer.

Though sitting outside the apartment made Taehyung feel better. The small boy didn't look as sick before. He even rocked his feet back and forth, hummed some distant tune enjoying the fresh air.

"Say Sarang, why don't you go to your job and I wait here by myself?" Suddenly he suggested. "Don't you go to your job after classes? I think you are already late."

A beautiful kid with a blank, serious face.  You couldn't help but let out a loud giggle.

"I can call in for the day Tae, I mean I hardly ever take any days off. Though I'm always late... And I get scoldings for that," the last part, you mumbled looking away.

You knew that the manager wouldn't be welcoming you when you get there the next day.

"Just go." Taehyung pushed your sides with all his might, but you didn't budge at all. "Just go to your job!" He huffed and said.

You could only furrow your brows seeing his sudden outburst. "What's gotten into you?" You asked with a short intake of breath. "Even if I leave you here who's gonna take care of you? You're sick Tae."

"Uh hum..." He shook his head adorably from left to right. "I don't feel sick anymore. And I can play with him." He pointed a finger to a distant small figure that was approaching you.