Chapter 34

Jennie

Chaeyoung and I head back to our to get her camera.

“I can’t find it.” She say as she went to check on her bag.

“Maybe it’s in Lisa’s bag.” I watch her while leaning on the door frame.

“Okay, let me see.” She pick a bag and open it.

My eyes gets wide but I’m too late to stop her to see what’s in it. It was my bag. She pull out a box from it and knit her eyebrows in confusion. She gasps and turn her head on me with wide eyes.

“Put it back Chaeng.” I chew my inner cheek nervously while walking towards her.

“Are you going to propose?” She asks excitedly.

I smile and nod my head. She started squealing and umping before hugging me.

“Calm down.” I chuckled.

“I’m so happy for you.” She sniffs. Here we go again with our soft chipmunk.

“Are you crying?” I tease.

“N-no.” She denied and subtly wiping her tears. “Just a little.”

“Aww, you’re really our baby.” I say jokingly ruining her hair.

“But Lisa is younger than me.” She say lightly swatting my hand away from her hair. “Don’t mess my hair” she pout and fixes it.

“oh yeah, sorry, I forgot that only Lisa can mess it.” I grin making her blush so hard.

“Jennie!” She groan.

“What?” I play innocent. “Am I wrong?” I tease again.

“Don’t ask. Anyway, are you planning to propose to her?” She asks, well ,ore likely changing the topic and pinning it again on the thing she just figured out.

“Within this trip. I’m just a bit nervous to ask her and afraid that she reject me.” I sigh.

“Aww, don’t be. Jisoo will not reject you. The way she stares and how whipped she is for you tells everything that she wants to spend the rest of her life with you.” She smiles fondly.
“You think?”

“Yes! So pull yourself together and and be the Jennie Kim who’s not afraid of anything…” She paused and look at me with teasing eyes. “…except for the great Kim Jisoo.” She laugh.

“Right.” I chuckled.

When she finally found her camera, we get back to the seashore. But we sighted Lisa who’s running like crazy towards us.

“HOOH! Fuck! I’M SO TIRED!” She pants when she halt in front of us, both of her hands resting on her knees with her lightly bend forward.

“Why are you running?” I asks.

“Yeah, you okay Lisa?” Chaeyoung asks touching her shoulder.

“Oh yeah, I mean no!”

Chaeyoung and I both frown at her weird behaviour.

“Lisa. What is it?”

“Jisoo…is drowning!” She announced finally.

“What the fuck! Why didn’t you tell sooner!?” I hissed and started to panicked. “Where is she?”

“Over there!” She pointed somewhere in the sea, the fuck!?

I started running and shouting her name. It’s near evening and the stars are already appearing in the sky. My feet are getting wet with the water and it’s beautiful how the water lights up everytime it touches my feet. But this is not the kind of trip I wanted, not without Jisoo beside me. And not Jisoo who’s drowning. I look around and wipe my tears so that I can see clearly.