Chapter 2

2| The Night of The Comet & Meeting Damon Salvatore

My head was pounding when I woke up. I'm pretty sure that I didn't drink any alcohol that night but everything else was a blur. I was sitting in the History class as her head pounded placing her face into her hands as Mr. Tanner was lecturing everyone about something that made no sense whatsoever according to me since my head couldn't take it.

"Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration. Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert's?" Lyanna and Elena's head snapped up to Mr. Tanner and the bell rings as everyone packs everything up.

I walked as fast as possible but Stefan and Elena caught up with me, causing my headache to ace more than it already had.

"Lyanna, stop for a moment please?" Stefan had me stop walking and turns around to face him. Elena stand besides her and smiles at Stefan, I wasn't in a mood to even see these two flirting with each other especially with my freaking headache.

"I brought it," Stefan hands Elena a book and Lyanna was a bit impressed,"Told you." Elena smiles.

""Wuthering Heights" by Ellis Bell. You know, I can't believe she didn't use her real name."

"Right for a moment please," Stefan takes out another book and hands it to me,"That's the original copy of William Shakespeare works. Though you'd like it." I smile gratefully at Stefan and nods her head, even when her head is still pounding.

"Yes, wow thank you. How-how'd you get this? I mean no one could find his original works....I thought perhaps they'd be scattered into dust by now."

"A friend of mine is decanted from William Shakespeare and apparently he had his Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather's works." Elena seemed impressed on how he got this and went back to talking about her book.

"All the Bronte sisters used pseudonyms. It was the time. Female writers weren't very accepted then."

"Where did you get it?" Elena looks at Stefan happily and back to the book.

"Uh, it was passed down. Through the family."

"Ah." Elena looked around on her book cover and smiles a little. Stefan seemed to be reading Elena's mind as she looked over at the book and felt its leather cover.

"I have lots of books. Go ahead. Keep it."

"Oh, no. I...but I would like to read it again. I promise I'll give it back."