Chapter 24

24| Brave New World

I woke up and laid in bed

I woke up and laid in bed. Today was the day Elena was in charge of the High School Mystic Falls Carnival and I wasn't in much of a mood to do anything not after what happened last night. Especially with Damon. I've never seen a drunk and demanding side of Damon combined into one. Elena happened to get me out of bed and now I'm stuck placing teddy bears and Team Jacob T's on the railing of a game booth.

I didn't really want to be here but I guess no one can say no to Elena. Bonnie was around and so was Jermey, but he isn't in such a good mood. Then we got good old Stefan. I couldn't help but look around and saw some boys staring at me. Sure I was beautiful but it wasn't reserved for anyone but myself which honestly I find great because I don't have to try to look good for someone on daily basis. Bonnie was handing me some of the prizes and she tried to make small talk with me.

"Have you talk to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" I sighted and shakes my head.

"No Bonnie, I haven't and I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related okay? I'm sick and tired of it Bonnie I just want a normal high school experience for one day, according to Elena Gilbert in chapter two section three, we shall have a normal teenager high school experience. Said so by the girl herself, Elena Gilbert." Bonnie looks at me and I shrug my shoulders.

"You hate him don't you?" I grabbed a Jacob T and hanged it.

"With all my freaking heart." I gritted through my teeth. And half it was a lie, we all know I kissed Damon Salvatore, twice, and that I may like him, but I'm trying to have a normal high school experience. Can't do that with a vampire in my life now can I?

I stepped down from the high ladder and Elena came around with her clipboard.

"Everything's ready in this booth?" I nod my head and Elena rubs my arm,"Perfect! Caroline would be so proud. We have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us. I don't know how she does all of this. It's such a fun thing to do. Oh, Stefan! Wait up! I'll catch with you two later." Elena walks over to Stefan and I stand next to Bonnie as we watch them.

"They're cute together huh? I wonder what's it like to be with someone like that." Bonnie says and I smile at her. She deserves the whole world honestly and yet she has no boyfriend.

"Possibly ends up in heartbreak and shit. I wouldn't dwell on it. I need a break, I'll see you around the carnival then."

Bonnie nods her head and I go up to a truck and ordered a blueberry slushee, honestly my favorite. I sat behind a tree and looked above me. Watching the blue sky, the birds, and people. Nature happens to be upon me and I happen to like it. Once I finished my slushee, the carnival had just been an underway now and I walked around, shivering, wishing I had brought my jacket but forgot when a certain someone yelled at me to get my butt downstairs. I walked around and stopped at the Ferris Wheel. I've always wanted the most cliché thing ever and that was a kiss into of the Ferris Wheel, just like Elena.