Chapter 4

4|Family Ties

I wake up and walk down the stairs, through the living room and into the kitchen to see Elena and Aunt Jenna

I wake up and walk down the stairs, through the living room and into the kitchen to see Elena and Aunt Jenna. The TV News was on and Jenna seems to hate it more than ever because of her own words.

"Scum ball. Scum bucket." I grabbed orange juice from the fridge and Elena came inside, and I had questionable look on her face.

"Who are you talking to?" Elena had a look on her face and was behind Jenna.

"Him." I grin and sit down on a chair with my orange juice in a cup. Jenna hinted to the TV Guy and I just silently drink my orange juice.

"The news guy?"

"Also known as Logan "Scum" Fell. Did your Mom's ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?" Me and Elena almost bust out laughing and Elena looks back at the TV, grinning walking over to the table.

"Oh, no way. You and him? He's cute."

"He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him," Jenna glares at the TV and turns it off,"What are you doing with that?" My eyes turns to Elena and a box on the table.

"I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it.....to the founder's council for their heritage display." Elena was cleaning one of the stuff and I frown a little bit and look at my cup, half way empty.

"Is that grandma Beth's wedding ring?" Jenna picks it up and I smile a little, looking at it.

"Mother used to tell me stories about that ring and how much you wanted it Aunt Jenna as a girl."

"Originally it was great-great-grandma Mary's wedding ring."

Jermey came in the kitchen and kisses the top of my head and then digs in the box across from me and looks at the pocket watch.

"How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on eBay?" Elena snatched the pocket watch from Jermey and places it back in the box.

"You're not gonna find out." Jermey seemed slightly annoyed and goes towards the fridge.

"That stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away."

"I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Jeremy," The doorbell rings and Elena looks at me,"Can you continue to polish them? Mrs. Lockwood expects me to give it to her when I'm done. Thanks!" Elena gets up and walks to the door.

I shrug my shoulders and sit where Elena was sitting and polish the things that were inside the box. Jermey sits next to me, watching me carefully. Aunt Jenna was making some breakfast for everyone.

"Jermey what? I'm just polishing some things, stop staring at me like that."

"I'm sure you are just perfectly fine with Elena doing all this. It belongs to your Aunt and Uncle too! You can't be okay with this."