Chapter 42-Finale

42| The Departed

My radio alarm clock goes off at 6:45 in the morning

My radio alarm clock goes off at 6:45 in the morning. I turned up the music and gets out of bed. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and dances a bit in front of the mirror. Grabbing my sketchbook and bag, I rushed downstairs to see Aunt Jenna, Cousin Elena, Mom, and Aunt Miranda.

"Good Morning!" I chirped and everyone looks at me,"What? It is morning....anyways I'm gonna be late for school."

"Jeremy locked himself in the bathroom again. Does he think we don't know what he's doing in there?" Aunt Jenna grins and looks at Elena.

"He's fourteen. They don't think." Elena grabs the coffee pot, but Jenna takes it back,"Hey! You'll get me in trouble." I grabbed my bag and left for school.

I walked up in wake in a hospital bed at night and looks around. Obviously confused on why am I here but I soon go back to sleep. Meredith, Elena, and Jermey are outside her room.

"She's gonna be fine. She got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about."

"But she collapsed, there was blood. Somethings wrong!"

"Honestly, Jeremy, she's okay. She's just...she's been through a lot. Is there anyone you want to call?" Elena takes out her phone and rings Stefan, putting them on speaker her away from everyone as possible.

"You did what?!" Damon shouts from the phone.

"We took her to the hospital. When you find your sister unconscious, you call 911." Jermey replies. Elena glanced at Jermey.

"Not when you have a parade of vampires at your disposal!"

"Every remaining Original is gonna want Lyanna dead to stop Alaric. She's a sitting duck in there." Elena sighs.

"So what do we do? We can't leave her alone in the hospital alone. She just woke up for God's sake!"

"Well, who was it that gave Esther Lyanna's blood?" Damon mumbles but Elena can hear him and so can Jermey.

"Damon! Pipe it down!" Stefan exclaims,"For now just try to get her home."

"Well, Meredith wants to keep her here for observation." Jermey states and Damon lets out an annoyed sigh.

"Jeremy, Elena, get Lyanna home, we're on our way." Damon hangs up on the phone and looks over at his brother.

"Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you not being the dumbest brother on Earth?"

"You know one of us needs to keep moving, right? If Klaus really is the sire of our bloodline, we need to keep his body hidden before Alaric finds him, kills him, and we all end up dead."

"Our life is one, big, proverbial coin toss. We're so lucky." Damon replies sarcastically and Stefan sighs.
—————
Tyler and Matt open the front door. Caroline walks in behind them with her arm wrapped around Lyanna, helping her into the house.