Chapter 40

40| Homecoming

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena and Lyanna in here

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Elena and Lyanna in here. He tried to grab them both, so he could use them as bait."

"And you what? Vervained him?" I snicker at Elena's question and Damon sighs.

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. To make it realistic."

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead...."

"We drove it through his heart."

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Good point! You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here."

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof."

"Then I shall be dead." We find Mikeal in the living room holding onto something,

"What if he wants to see you in person?"

"Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him."

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned."

"Where is it?" Mikeal is dipping a dagger in the ashes of the white oak tree.

"Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?"

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you." Mikael hands over the dagger to Elena.

"Y...You want me to actually dagger you?"

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance- especially when it comes to trust." Klaus is on the phone with Stefan in Portland in the present time.

"Well, he is here. Come by whenever. It's true. I saw it with my own eyes.  That's not a problem. She is right here." Stefan hands over the phone to Rebekah, who was standing in the corner of the room.

"Hello Nik," Rebekah hesitated glancing at us, as we nod our head at her and she continued onto the phone,"It's true. He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here. Good. I'll see you then, brother," She hangs up the phone and turns to us,"He bought it. He's coming home."