Chapter 29

29| Klaus

I waited for Elijah's body to come back to life

I waited for Elijah's body to come back to life. I've been in here all night long and haven't seen anyone so far yet. Elijah suddenly wakes up and I rushes over to him. He's in shock when he sees me.

"Elijah." I said. Carefully placing the dagger on the side.

"Katerina!" I furrow my eyebrows and look at him suspiciously.

"Elijah, it's me, Lyanna!"

"Oh, my god."

"It's ok Elijah. It's fine."

He closes his eyes. I get closer but his body spasms. He gets up and is gasping for air.

"I can't-I can't breathe! What's happening to me?" He rushes over near the door but slams into the doorway. I rush over to him and holds him up.

"I can't...I can't be in this house."

"You're not invited in." I said, frowning.

"Then get me out of here."

He slams into another wall and disappears. Lyanna runs after him and goes to the front door. Elijah is crouching outside. He gets up and rushes at her to enter but freezes at the threshold, unable to enter.

"What happened?"

"Shh!" I show him that Stefan and Damon can hear and I started to whisper.

"I'll tell you. Not here. Can I trust you?" Elijah starts to whisper too.

"Can I trust you?" I give him the dagger and he takes it, looking at me.
—————
I was driving on the road with Elijah next to me. I parked the car on the side of the road and Elijah is next to me drinking blood from a blood bag.

"You look better." I said, smiling a little bit. Elijah looks over me and smiles a little bit at me before asking a question.

"Where did you get the dagger?"

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." I pleaded. If I was going to pull this off I needed his word. Words have it that he's the best Originals there was, the rest are like animals.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed."

"No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours." I looked over at him and he looks at me seriously.