Chapter 23

23| The Return

I walked into the kitchen and I enters to find John on the floor, bleeding badly

I walked into the kitchen and I enters to find John on the floor, bleeding badly. I rush over to him and tries to stop the bleeding. I grab the phone and calls 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hi, I-I need an ambulance to 2104 Maple Street." I looked down at John and he whispered to me.

"Behind you."

"What?" I looked at him in confusion and couldn't hear him.

"Behind you!"

I turned around and gasps but sees no one there. I grabbed the bloody knife and cautiously approaches the hallway. Katherine speeds around, frightening me, before she runs out the door. I'm terrified, and then I remembered Jeremy.

"Jeremy!" I raced up the stairs to his room,"Jeremy! Jeremy!" I find him unconscious on his bed and placed down the knife before approaching him,"Please, Jeremy, wake up!" I shake Jeremy frantically and he wakes up. I sigh and call Stefan and Elena.

John is taken away in the ambulance. Stefan arrives at the house with Elena. The officer tries to keep Stefan from entering.

"They're okay." Stefan follows me with Elena upstairs to Jeremy's room.

"What happened?" Once we reached Jermey's room, Jermey was sitting in his bed and I explained to Stefan and Elena.

"He said that Anna gave him her blood and then he took these pills and now...I mean he looks fine but then again so do you. So, I just...I don't know."Stefan takes Jeremy's face in his hands and examines his eyes.

"Look at me."

"I'm fine, okay? I feel exactly the same."

"Should I call a paramedic up here? What should I do?"

"No, he's fine."

"You mean I'm not a vampire? Damn it!" Elena looked shocked and so did I.

"Don't say that Jeremy! Jer, why would you want that?" I exclaimed, looking over at Elena and Jermey in shock.

"Did you hear about Anna, what happened to her tonight? She's dead." Jermey says, getting into both of our faces.

"Jeremy, Jeremy. Come here, sit down." Stefan pushes Jeremy back down on the bed. He grabs his face in his hands and makes him look at him.

"I am very sorry about Anna but it's very important that you listen to me right now. With every passing moment, Anna's blood is leaving your system. If you try to kill yourself right now, you could really die." Jeremy looks away.

"Hey!" Stefan slaps Jermey and I jump in Stefan's sudden grip touches Jermey, Elena gripping on my shoulders,"Do you understand me?!"

"Stefan..." Elena says in a lower voice.