Chapter 38

38| Ghost World

I woke up and heard chattering coming from downstairs

I woke up and heard chattering coming from downstairs. Jermey and Alaric was supposed to be doing something about the historic today with Elena as for me, I wanted to see Damon.

Pulling my hair into a messy bun and I grabbed my leather jacket and car keys. Taking my phone and rushing out of the house, not to even say good morning to anyone.

Once I arrived I knocked on the door but no one answered, then I opened the door and I saw Damon getting burned, oh my god! I ran over to the curtains and closed them, causing Damon's flesh to stop burning. He was chained and I tried to help him out of it.

"Where's your daylight ring Damon?" Damon looks at me and points to upstairs and I ran up his room and grabbed his ring and ran back down as fast as I could. I gave it to him and Damon places it on his hand and sighs,"What the hell was that?! Are you that desperate to end your life?! Do you know you could've killed yourself?!" I shoved Damon at every question.

"I didn't do this Lyla! Someone did this to me and tied me!" I sighted and sat on the couches.

"Well who would do this? Stefan must've done it as a game or something." Damon shakes his head and makes himself a cup of bourbon.

"I already asked him, he didn't do this." He takes a drink from the cup and sits across from me,"How come you didn't tell me you were planning on resurrecting your sister?" Crap.....

"Just didn't seem like it was your business Damon. It was mine. You don't have to know everything of my life." Damon sighs and looks st me.

"Now that you're in my life-" I cut him off and stood up.

"In your life?! Damon, we're just friends! When will that get into your thick dead skull, that we're just friends?! I need to leave....this is not healthy for us or me. I need to be normal and this isn't normal."

"Lyanna...."

I shake my head and left the Salvatore House. I caught up with Jermey, Alaric, and Elena at The Grill. We sat outside and Elena was trying to get everything wrapped around her head or at least trying to save Stefan.

"Do you think it's even possible to contact Lexi?"

"I don't know. I didn't have an emotional connection with her. I never even met her."

"Can we just drop it, please?"

"No, I can't drop it, Ric. I don't know what else to do."

"Don't you think we have a few too many dead vampires in our past to be sitting here thinking of them watching us?" Jeremy looks at the empty chair as me, Alaric, and Elena can see it's an empty chair.

"Is Anna here right now?"

"No, no. I'm going to go, uh, check my work schedule." He gets up and leaves. Stefan arrives and sits down in Jeremy's seat.