Chapter 41

41| Before Sunset

Damon walks up to his bedroom and sees Lyanna laying on his bed

Damon walks up to his bedroom and sees Lyanna laying on his bed. Elena nods her head at Damon, allowing him to kiss Lyanna.

"Shouldn't we give her a few extra days before we wake her?" Damon asks looking at Lyanna's sleeping body.

"We promised her five days and five days is what we get, we can't keep protecting her." Damon sighs and looks at Elena.

"How are you going to tell her that Alaric is dead and now Alaric is a vampire and that Alaric is linked to her? All because you had to give that damn Esther witch her blood!" Damon almost shouts at Elena as she flitches at Damon's booming voice.

"She told me to use her blood whenever I needed to use it for whatever purpose, so I did that. But I did not know that Esther was going to link Alaric to Lyanna!" Damon sighs and grips on his bed sheets.

"This is why vampires and humans are not supposed to be trusting witches! Ok, ok, we need to wake Lyanna up and we need to explain to her what happened." Elena crosses her arms and glared at Damon.

"There is no 'we', you insufferable jackass. I'm only working with you because of how you helped Lyanna when I wasn't here." Damon ignored Elena's speech or whatever he wanted to call it. Damon leans near Lyanna's body and softly kisses her lip. As Damon looked at Elena and sighs.

"She'll wake up any moment, so we will have to tell her about this and everything else that happened, especially the kiss." What Elena didn't know was Lyanna was awake already and that she heard it.

"You two kissed?" I sit in Damon's bed in disbelief and tears were in my eyes. Elena approached me and I just sat on the bed.

"Lyanna, that's not what happened. Damon missed you so much that he was delusional that night, he thought I was you. I promise you Lyla, he regrets it a lot but listen to me, I've never heard him say how much he loves you, or cherish you. It's true, he's a gruesome vampire but he's not the bad guy here. I tried to stop him but he just misses you too much. Now would you like some food, anything to drink?" I shake my head and looked at them both, tears was filling my eyes.

"You two kissed each other, while I was asleep." Damon tried to approach me but I shake my head,"No, no. Don't you dare come close to me. You kissed my sister Damon, what the hell were you thinking?! Seriously!" Elena tries to approach me but I shake my head and get off the bed.

"Lyla please, we're trying to explain to you what it is!" I shake my head more and didn't want to look at Damon.

"No, Lena, I have everything I wanted except for the man I loved. It's obvious he doesn't love me anymore." I ran out of his bedroom and out of the house. My phone rings and I picked it up,"Alaric?"

"Come to the school Lyla, I have your friend Caroline here." I could hear Caroline screams in the background and I sniffled.

"Don't hurt her! I'll be there, just please Alaric don't hurt her." What the hell was going on and why was Alaric hurting Caroline for?
—————