Chapter 31- Finale

32| As I Lay Dying

I walked around the empty house

I walked around the empty house. It's been a few days since the funeral. I watched as Jermey was asleep in his bedroom. I walked over to Jenna's room, closing the door behind me when I finished looking inside of it. As I was walking my way out into the hall, I see Damon.

"That'll get easier. But you knew that." I looked at him and leaned on the railing.

"What do you want? I have some things to attend to Damon. I'm rather busy now that Jenna and Elena....."

"I want to apologize."

"Damon..."

"Please. Lyanna, feeding you my blood, I was wrong."

"Yes, you were, but it didn't stop you from doing it."

"And I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but...I need it." I nod my head and looked at Damon sadly.

"And I need some time, maybe a lot of time."

"Sure. Of course, take all the time you need." Damon tried to hide his emotions but I saw right through him, he's sad.
—————-

I held some blankets as me and Jermey walked through the Towns Square. There's a banner that says, Movie in the Square Presents Gone With the Wind. Some girls are dressed up for the event.

"You brought me to see a girl movie." Jermey stated and I sighted.

"We had to get out of the house, Jer. This is our three-hour distraction from reality." I said and we found an empty spot.

"Is that what we're doing? Pretending like our lives aren't screwed?"

"We need to do this, okay? Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up, and do it all over again until one day, it's just not as hard anymore. Trust me Jer, we need to get on with our lives."

They unfold a blanket and put it on the ground. I kneel down on it. Caroline arrives with a couple of baskets and places them in the middle of the blanket.

"Hey! There you guys are. Who's hungry?"

"Are we really doing this?" Jermey groans, as we sit down on the blanket and Caroline sits as well.

"Yes, we are really doing this. We are going to take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war." Caroline kneels down on the blanket and sits.