Chapter 14

14| Fool Me Once

Elena groggily awakens

Elena groggily awakens. She spots Ben sitting in a chair by the end of the bed, sleeping. She gasps and sits up frantically. Elena looks around for a way out and stares at the front door. She looks from Ben to the door, estimating if she can make it without waking him. Quietly, Elena slides off the bed and slowly steps over Ben's outstretched leg. She slowly backs up to the door, keeping an eye on Ben. Elena unlocks the deadbolt on the door, looking back at Ben occasionally. Elena turns the lock on the door and prepares to open it. I shook my head at her but doesn't underhand what I mean.

"I wouldn't." Elena gasps and spins around. Ben inches towards Elena and uses his compulsion on her.

"Don't try to escape. Don't even move. Do you understand?"

"I understand. We both understand."

Ben scoffs and turns around to get a bottle of blood out of the mini fridge. Elena opens the front door and bolts out, but Anna blocks her escape. Anna grabs Elena by the hair and pushes her back into the motel room.

"Seriously?!"

"I told her not to move! I did that eye thing that you taught me!"

"And forgot the lesson about vervain! She dates a vampire, Ben and so does her cousin, or sister. Duh!" Wait what? I'm not dating Damon! Anna pushes Elena up against a wall and opens the bathroom door.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes Chinese, Asian bitch it matters!" Anna looks at me and grabs me as she forcefully pushes Elena and I into the bathroom and shuts the door. Elena flips the light switch and calmly searches the room for another exit. Elena looks over towards the bathtub and sees Bonnie lying in it, unconscious. Elena rushes over to her. I gasp and tried to help Elena.

"Bonnie?," Elena Lifts Bonnie's head up and I helped her,"Oh my god!"

I grab a towel and run it with water, giving it back to Elena places it on Bonnie's forehead. Bonnie slowly opens her eyes.

"Bonnie?"

"Elena? Lyanna?"

"Oh, you're okay! We were so worried oh my god, Bonnie." I exclaimed and looked at Bonnie lovingly.

"My head..."

"Come here." Elena pulls Bonnie upright.

"Oh my god! Ben is a-!"

"Shhhh." Elena gestures at her ear and points toward the door.

"They can hear." Elena gets up and turns on the tap. She kneels back down next to Bonnie.

"I'm so stupid!"

"No, he had all of us fooled!"

"What's going on? Why are we here?"