Chapter 3

3| Friday Night Bites The Dust

I was walking between Bonnie and Elena, as they talked about Stefan and Elena's relationship

I was walking between Bonnie and Elena, as they talked about Stefan and Elena's relationship. I loved these two girls a lot but I'd rather be anywhere but here, talking about boys and romance.

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow."

"You were the one who said to go for it."

"Now I'm saying take it slow."

"Why the about-face?"

"It's not an about-face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field."

"Oh, because I'm so that girl. Seriously, what are you not saying?"

"It's stupid."

"Bonnie..."

"What?"

"Spit it out."

"I accidentally touched Stefan. And I got a really bad feeling."

"Is that it? Bonnie."

"It was bad bad!"

"Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?"

"You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend."

"And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that." I felt a bit hurt and playfully looked at Elena.

"Oí! What about me cuz?" Elena hugs me and laughs.

"You too. You make me happy as well." Stefan came over and was happy to see the two girls hugging each other, especially when I still wasn't feeling well.

"Good morning, Elena. Good morning, Lyanna. Good morning, Bonnie." Bonnie looks at her phone and back at the group.

"Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone. So I'll see you guys later." Bonnie leaves and Lyanna had a feeling something good wasn't up.

"Bonnie, wait..."

"She doesn't like me very much."