Chapter 21

21| Isobel

I was currently on the phone with Damon

I was currently on the phone with Damon. He happened to call me and not the other way around. I was packing my stuff for the Mystic Falls Founders Parade that was happening tomorrow and since I was in the Miss Mystic Fall pageant, I'm allowed to go on the Float with Tyler.

"I'm supposed to help build the Miss Mystic float for the Founders' Day parade. If I don't I get the wrath of Caroline but I wanted to check in first."

"Well, I'm doing great, thanks for asking." He replies sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and sighted, placing a water bottle inside my bag.

"Checking on Stefan for Elena, who happens to be talking on the phone with him so I don't really know why am I checking on him if they're talking to each other on the phone, but no really Damon how are you doing? Considering I see you nothing more than Mystic Falls most eligible asshole bachelor." I hear Damon faking a gasp and then we laugh. We might've been smoothing things over a little for the past few weeks after Stefan's incident and Damon being cold towards me. Seems like our friendship resumed.

"Oh, him? Oh, he's...he's terrible."

"What's the matter? Is he alright?"

"He's just back to boring, straight-laced, off the junk. Elena successfully cured him of anything that was interesting about his personality." I giggle a little bit and grab my car keys.

"We're carpooling Lyanna, don't even think about it!" Elena shouted from upstairs. I put down my car keys and resumed to the conversation with Damon.

"Don't forget who helped her. Can't seem to find a way to say thank you." Damon sighs and I hear something unzip.

"That pizza was good, spicy but good. You know how to cook. That's a good thank you or you could always come over when Stefan's not home and we can always go to my bedroom......" I gasp and check my reflection in the mirror.

"Damon Giuseppe Salvatore! What did we say about flirting with me? Especially Stefan?" What happened was Stefan might've overheard me and Elena's conversation about me not loving Damon, so Stefan being Stefan got a little bit overprotective about me.

"To not flirt with you ever. But again he can't stop me, I'm the oldest you know." I smile and nod my head.

"Yes and I'm the middle one in the family so don't even think about it or else I'll have to lock you in a cellar." Damon chuckles through the phone sending my body a feeling.

"I always get my way, princess, one way or another I'm gonna find you, I'm gonna get ya ya." I groan and mentally slap myself. I accidentally introduced Damon to One Direction and now that song is stuck on repeat in his delusional mind.