Chapter 17

Gordon's POV

We had no choice but to walk and abandon the truck so we did. We've been walking for quite a while and Chloe, Everynn and Avy were starting to pant for they were not trained for this much work.

"Ugh, hey guys, can we please take a break? I feel like my legs are about to give up" Chloe said.

"Fine, we'll set up camp here. It doesn't seem like there's zombies anywhere but we don't wanna chance it" I said as I watch the last bit of light from the sun disappear.

"Finally!" Eve plopped down.

"Daddy come on and join us, rest!" Avy beckoned me. I only smiled at her and said

"Sorry sweety, Daddy can't join you. Daddy got to protect you from the baddies" I ruffled her hair as she pouted.

"Daddy nuuuuu" she whined.

I stopped ruffling her hair as I thought about the object Sasiah gave me before leaving. It was a note.

She probably already wrote it in the very beginning. She knew what would happen.

*flashback*

We all stared there in shock before Chris plopped on the ground. It seemed to snap everybody off their trance as I looked at the paper that was in my hand.

I was still too shock but I opened it anyway.

"Dear Mr. Gordon,

Thanks for protecting me even when I was being different. You held me like your own child and I appreciate that. But I can't stay with you guys for a reason. Ms. Chloe and Chris is a pain but they're tolerable. Everynn tho on the other hand is just a plain 'ol bitch(ha you can't scold me for that one if I ain't there in the first place :p). I don't know why she hates me so much. I know I may be suspicious but that doesn't mean that she have to be a bully since I can beat her up quite easily. Seriously, I don't get her point.

Whatever, I just wanna thank ya. You guys have been nice and gave me company. Its been years since the last time I interacted with some other people.

I give you my sincere appreciation

                        ~sincerely,
                              Sasiah, Eevee and Cutie"

She must've wrote this from quite a while since there's three of them.

*End of flashback*

I sighed as I looked around the dark and hoped to see her mask.

She maybe a zombie, but she's sane. She's a lonely kid. She lost one of the only family member she have.

She could've killed us in the first place but she fleed. She could've killed us or let the attackers and other zombies kill us in that park. She could've let me die in that hospital. But she didn't.

She have a heart. A sympathy and belief in everything. She can feel. She isn't just a zombie, no. She's still human... In a way.

She could've been a killer. She's much more dangerous for she's a zombie and a human that could think. She's still sane. But she never wanted harm.

I feel bad for the child. She's been through so much crap.

I want to help her. If I ever see her again, then I welcome her with open arms. No child should ever go through this alone. Or at all for any of that matter.

I want to be here for her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#theshortestchapcuzauthor'ssleepy