Chapter 19

Sasiah's POV

I watched from behind a window as they split up into three groups. 'Pff its not quiet here you bozzos. I just so happen to kill every zombies and attackers between 50 feet of your current way. Tho by doing so, your suspicion level is rising. If only you know how many there are is in this city, you'd be pissin your pants.'

Their group consisted of this

Chloe-Gordon-Avy
Jeff-Lizzy-Eve
Chris-Drake

I followed Jeff's group since Eve is with them and I'd love to mess around with her for payback.

I'd jump on the rooftop while keeping an eye out as they might see me.

They went inside a restaurant while Eve stayed behind for some reason as she stared at the glass doors. 'Ooh~! An opportunity to spoop her!' I grinned mischievously.

I slowly and quietly went down the roof and quickly went behind her. Her eyes went wide as she screamed and turned to look behind her. I took the remaining milliseconds to jump upward and cling to the window on top of the building and continued to climb my way to the roof.

By the time she was able to fully turn a 180° and blink, I am not there anymore.

She looked around frantically, she looked pale and impressively almost as pale as me... Wait no, not really, I'm literally white, what am I saying?

Anyway, Jeff and Lizzy rushed outside, I snickered as Eve started to ramble away while shaking like a leaf in terror.

They tried to calm her down but she just wouldn't budge and kept shaking while crying in fear. 'Whoops, I think I scared her too much. Oh well, not my problem' I shrugged mentally.

Finally, she snapped out of it and started to run.

I looked towards the direction she's running to and followed, not even a minute passed of me jumping and running, I noticed a horde of zombies in front of her and it seemed that she noticed it too.

'Prolly attracted them by her screaming..' But that's not what I'm worried about. No.

Jeff freagin followed her! 'Ohh Cute Rabbit Ate the freagin Pie..'

I noticed Eve went to an alleyway with him on tail. So I followed along.

Well ain't they lucky... They ran to a freagin dead end. I facepalmed.

Eve tried to climb the wall but she was too short. Jeff looked back the way they came from and noticed the zombies slowly walking towards them. They're actually lucky there isn't any attackers.

Jeff looked towards his sister and sighed. He won't be able to climb that either.

Quickly, he rushed to her side and pat her shoulders as she squealed and went to punch him on the face.

He was able to block the sloppy attack and told her something. I leaned in to listen.

"-alm down okay? Its just me, breathe in, breathe out." She did as told.

"Now we don't have much time, climb on my shoulders like we used to do when we're sneaking out back then as kids and go find the others." He instructed.

"But what about you?–look out!" Too late, Jeff screamed as he was suddenly bit on the shoulder with what I'm guessing a runner.

He took out his belt knife and stabbed the zombie on the head.

The others were getting dangerously close as well.

"Quickly!" Jeff hissed.

Eve went to climb on his back and unsteadily managed to climb up to his shoulder as Jeff muffled as scream from her weight on his wound.

She successfully managed to climb the wall but when she turned around, she realized that it was too high to be able to reach him and that she won't be able to lift him up.

"Jeff!!" She cried.

"Just go! Run and find the others!" Jeff yelled back at her without turning to look as he was trying to fight off the closer zombies.

She cried even more and went to leave as she took one more glance at him before jumping down the ledge. 'Now that's my que to help.'

I jumped down from my spot and landed on the two zombies that was about to bite him.

He shrieked in shock and stumbled back. I sighed and rolled my eyes and went to swiftly take my scissors out and fought off the hord.

And since I'm also a zombie but with a higher rank and a human mind with a pint of sanity, I was faster, stronger and smarter. And since I'm basically dead, I don't have adrenaline rush since my heart is basically useless means, I'm not easily gonna get tired.

In a matter of thirty minutes or so, I managed to take them all down. They were persistent, but I managed no sweat.

"S-s-Sasiah..?" I looked behind me and remembered Jeff.

"Yo" I casually replied. 'Man, my only pair of clothes and mask is soaked with zombie blood. Ew'

"S-so it i-is you! And h-here I thought t-that Eve is just paranoid..– wait, are you gonna kill me too!?" He stuttered. I rolled my eyes and placed my scissors back underneath my wet and sticky jacket.

"There's no need if you're gonna slowly die anyway." I huffed.

"What do you mean..?" He looked down.

"Jeff, seriously? You think you have a bite limit where if you got bitten once you're still cool? Bruh reality doesn't work that way." I told him.

"..." He kept quiet till I heard him mumble.

"I see..." I took off my mask since the shade was looming the alleyway we're in.

"Welcome to the other side, don't look so glum, it ain't that bad" I shook off my mask as drops of blood splattered on the pavement and the wall beside me.

"I'm gonna be a killer!" He closed his eyes and grit his teeth.

"Aren't you already in the first place?" I stated boredly at him with no emotion.

The question made his eyes snap open and look at me. He stared at me as I did the same.

"N-no.. I..." He stuttered

"Ever since this whole drama started... You killed to survive... Did you not?" I asked.

He looked down. He knew that I was right. He may not have killed an actual living human, but he definitely killed my kind and his soon to be. The word killing still stands.

"What will become of me..?" He solemnly asked.

I stared at him with my glowing eyes for quite a while before I sighed.

"That depends" I shrugged. He turn his head to look at me once more in confusion before hissing in pain as he clutched his left shoulder.

"If you somehow turned into a higher ranked zombie, you might as well have a chance to become like me." I adjusted my hood while I was talking.

"How do we know for sure?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"We'll have to wait and see. Plus, I met a friend back at my hometown who had the same problem. They turned into a runner. And I managed to help them. Tho before you ask if where they are, they got killed by a scavenger like you guys. Now just say it. Do you want my help or not? We don't have much time and I can just kill you here right off the bat" I stared at him.

He inhaled and then stared at me before nodding.

"Please"