Chapter 22

Sasiah's POV

We finished eating and dumped the plates on the sink. We still have leftovers so I put a cover on top since the fridge doesn't work.

"Thanks for the meal! For a few ingridients, you are quite a great cook" he complimented once again.

I nodded in response.

"So, maybe we should look for the others! I-"

"No." I cut him off.

"Wha-?"

"Have you forgotten what you are now?" I asked as I turn to face him.

"I..." He started then looked down with an expression that I cannot read.

"How do you think you'll react with a real life human in front of you?" I continued.

"But... You managed to stay with us" he reasoned.

"That is because I've been turned ever since that medicine was out and consumed. On that time, other critters aren't here yet and human scents were everywhere and I've grown quite accustomed to it, but not fully since I still needed to hunt when I was with your group and my temper was not getting better with your sister bothering me twenty four seven." I explained.

"T-that's the most you've said in quite a w-while... But you're right. I wouldn't want to h-hu-hurt them." He looked down. It kinda made me feel a little guilty that I have to explain to him how he might cause trouble to the only people he have survived with for most of the time while scavenging for the others.

I sighed as I motioned him to follow me as I exited the kitchen and out of the house but not before grabbing my mask and putting it on.

"W-where are we going?" He asked.

"Out. I'm going to teach you how to hunt." And with that, we headed to the park.

Jeffs POV

I followed her to the park with a nervous glance as we passed by zombies who barely acknowledged us except for a few who's suspicious of us. But her intimidating growl would be enough to make them turn away.

As we walked into the park, she headed straight through the trees as I followed close behind.

She ducked under a bush and beckoned me to do the same and so I did.

I looked towards where she was looking, there were squirrels running around, but the one that caught my attention was two raccoons playing around.

I was startled to say the least when I felt a growl rise up my throat as my vision pumped like a heartbeat. Whoa.

I heard her mumble softly "watch".

In swift movements, she twisted the bigger one's neck and a sickening crack was heard, the racoon's dead.

I was shocked as the other animals scattered to escape. She dragged the dead raccoon towards me as I stood in awe.

"The scent. Find the scent of the other one and do what I did." She said.

I did what was told even tho I felt bad for the creature. I walked as I traced down the scent, this time with her following.

I ended up infront of a tree as I raised my head up to a hole by a branch. I've got it cornered.

I easily climbed up to my surprise. The poor thing hissed at me fiercely.

I sighed and looked down to Sasiah as she nodded her head and waited. I chucked my fist into the hole with such force as if I was to punch it but my hands open to grab it.