Chap. 1

AVA POV

_________________________

"Thank you god for the food you put on the table, the roof over my head, and the family I have. Amen"

I stand up as everyone files out of the church. 

"Wait! Mum I'm gonna go talk to Father Marion. Okay?" I shout

"Sure honey see you back at home." My mother shouts over the noise of everyone's chattering.

I walk down the aisle to the stage. I climb the steps and I tap the Father Marion on his shoulder. He jumps up suprised than smiles at me.

"You scared me Ava. How is your mother?" He says warmly

"She's doing great!" I say happily as I move back and forth on the heels of my feet.

" And what about you? Ava?"

I stop moving for a second and my face goes blank until I remember he is there.

" I'm doing fine." I whisper back.

"I see." He says with a I-don't-believe-it-face.

Father Marion was always like the wise uncle I never had. He could always tell if something was wrong with me no matter what fake smile I portrayed.

"Anyway I was wondering if you could pray with me for a wish I have been wishing for ever since I was 10. To go to the big apple!" I say with a huge smile.

He nodds his head, grabbed my hands and closed his eyes.

"God please help Ava Green follow her dream and let it work out well with happy new discoveries. Bless her a good trip to New York City." He preaches.

I open my eyes and I thank him. I wave goodbye and I run up the aisle and out the door in a hopeful and happy mood.

Once I get home I take off my 1930's chruch dress and look in the mirror.

I have light brown skin and I have poofy wavy curly short hair. I have violet eyes (which is what makes me unique) and I have dimples. I am 5 feet and 5 inches. And I am 22 years old.

I put on sweat pants and a loose shirt and I sit on my chair in front of the computer and I grab my guitar. I crack my knuckles and smile. 

"Lets rock." I say.

I am working on a song right now but I am having a bit of trouble coming up with the perfect words so the song can sound like a story. The reason I am writing this song is so I can be able to win the prize of the best songwriter and win a trip to NYC. But my inspiration is running low. 

The phone starts to ring and I look at the caller ID, it's my boyfriend Bobby.

"How was church babe?" he says on the other line.

"It was interesting..." I say smiling on the other end.

"What do you mean by interesting?" he askes curiously.

"It means I can't tell you..." I giggle.

I spin around on my rolling chair with my feet up letting the telephone wires rap around me. Bobby was always the light of my day. We have been dating for 3 years now and my mom is always pushing me to marry him. " I just don't feel ready for that." I always tell her.

"Fine, fine. I was just wondering if you wanted to come over and stuff." He says coolly

"Bobby! You know I am not ready for that yet. I don't want to loose my V-card until the time is right." I say whiny.