Chap.18

MICHAEL POV

_________________

Madonna gave me a weird look until I realize I have cake all over my face. I take a napkin and I wipe it off. Everyone's eyes were her. She had all the attention she needed but even this little crowd wouldnt satisfy her need for fame. She is just that way.

"Who invited you Madonna?" I ask.

She looked hurt by my question.

"You're acting like you don't even want me here." She says hurt.

"I'm not acting." I whisper to myself.

"What was that?" She asked me.

"Nothing." I say.

She closes her eyes elegantly and holds her hand out to me. After a while she opens her eyes confused why I didn't kiss it.

She takes her hand back suprised. She walks in and flips her blonde curls.

Everyone went back to what they were doing and I sighed with relief, not wanting to make a commotion. She walks up to me and smiles. 

"I wanted to congratulate you on your discharge." She said.

"Thank you." I say putting on a fake smile.

"I was just so hurt when I heard the news but I was touring at the time so I couldn't come to see you. But now I have a chance to." She says smiling.

She looks me up and down and notices my jacket full of chocolate.

"You want me to wipe that off?" She askes.

"No it's fine." I say.

"But no, I insist." She says.

She took out her handkerchief and wiped the chocolate off my shirt. Most of it came out. Some of it, not so much.

She laughed.

"Now I've smudged it." She says.

"It's fine." I say.

She seems different then before. Caring. More human.

She looks at me and we lock eyes for a moment. I let go confused. 

She touches my arm.

"Michael, I'm so sorry about that other time. I just got a little jealous and I-I something took over me." She says.

She sounds really sincere so I believe it.

"It's fine. But I shouldn't be the one you apologize to. It's Ava." I say.

Then I remember, Ava. Crap. I look around and I see her hiding in a little corner close to us look at me. Her face is free of chocolate. I probably worried her. 

"Hold on for a minute Madonna." I say.

I walk up to Ava and I smile at her. But she isn't smiling back. Her arms are crossed and laid on her chest. She as an angry face on.

I take her hand in mine and I hold it. 

"Ava. You know it's nothing." I say.

"You guys seem really friendly after, oh, YOU KISSED HER!" She says annoyed.

"I didn't kiss her. She kissed me. And I am trying to be polite. She isn't even that bad once you get to know her." I say smiling.

 "I don't want to get to know the girl who kissed MY BOYFRIEND." She says.

"Okay but just try to be nice? For me?" I plead.

Okay she says smiling a little. I pecked her lips a few times and I went back to Madonna.

She was staring out the window with no expression on her face.

I tapped her on the shoulder and she jumped suprised.

I gave her a warm smile and proceeded talking.

We both didn't have a childhood so we talked about that a lot. She was a really nice person honestly. I don't know why she acts differently in public. 

"Did you hate being in the showbiz so early?" I ask.

"Ugh yes. It would be so annoying when I just want to play but they have me work like 24/7." She says.

"I felt the same way. I would feel so lonely all the time." I sigh.

Ava walks up to us.

"Hello Michael, Madonna." She says half bowing.

" Hi Ava." She says smiling.

"I just wanted to apologize about my behavior when we met. I was just feeling a little jealous."

"It's fine." Ava says putting on a fake smile.

"Anyway me and Michael were talking about how we both didn't have much of a childhood and how it would be so tiring." She said.

"Oh it is nice to hear you guys are getting along." She lies.

"Yeah. So why'd you comeover?" I ask Ava.

"I just wanted to say it's getting kind of late. The sun already went down and the party is ending soon." Ava tells me.

"Oh does it have to end so soon? Can I stay over a bit longer to finish our conversation?" She askes Michael.

"No!" Ava quickly says.

"Why not?" Madonna asked.

"Uh- er- Because I want to.... uh have quality time with Michael." She says grabbing my arm.

I look at her face and she is blushing. I wondered why.

"Sorry Madonna. Maybe on the phone? Later?" I tell her.

"Yeah, sure." She says dissapointed.

After I opened all my presents and cards the party started to end and people left one by one. Madonna was the last to leave.

"Bye Mikey." Madonna says.

I saw Ava flinch when she said that.

"Bye Madonna." I say.

And she closes the door leaving me and Ava alone.

"UGH! She knows I'm the only one who calls you that."  She says.

"She just makes me so.... UGH!" She says.

"Ava she is my friend. Try to like her." I say.

"Okay. I will try my best to over look her horrible evil ways." She says.

I give her a smile and she gives me one back. 

"I looooove you Ava." I say getting closer to her.

She laughs as I pick her up and I drop her on my bed.

We have a tickling fight for a while and when we are all tired out and can't breath we stop. We are both staring up at the ceiling  breathing hard.

She turns around and kisses me on the cheek. I am shocked at this gesture and for some reason I feel that it was worth more then a kiss or a hug. This moment would probably be the first thing that shoots in my brain when I think of happiness. I turned around and I touched foreheads with her. Her big violet eyes stare into mine. I lean in forward and I grab her head as I push her in for a kiss. I felt something in this moment. Like a shock went through my body like I knew we were connected just right. We were meant to be.

I let go and I look into her eyes.

"Ava. Will you marry me?"