Chap.14

MICHAEL POV

6 MONTHS LATER

_________________

I fumble with the needle but it drops. I grumble and I pick it back up and I insert the needle. The yellow liquid slwoly goes through my veins. I lay down sighing dropping the needle. My phone rings and I answer it lazily.

"Hello?" I say.

"It's Ava. Michael you sound sick." She says worried.

"I'm fine."  I tell her.

"Oh thank the heavens." She said thoughtfully.

"So what's up?" I ask.

"Ah well I was wondering what I should wear for when we meet your parents." I say.

"Just wear something formal. They like classy. Not sexy. Though I don't think your sexiness can stop that easily." I say.

She giggles.

"Okay. I think I'm going to wear my pink skirt with-" She says not finishing.

"I want it to be a suprise." I say cutting her off because all she knows how to do it talk about clothes. And once she does she goes on and on about it.

"Fine." She says dissapointed a bit.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you more." She says.

"I love you most." I say.

"I love you tons." She says.

"I love you hundreds." I say.

"I love you. And if you say anymore then that I am gonna start talking about clothes." She says.

That shut me up.

"Mikey, sweetie? You sound horrible. Are you coming down with something?" She says concerned.

"No. I'm fine. I probably need some rest." I say.

"Okay. Then I better stop talking." She says.

"Yeah." I say.

"I wish I could sleep right next to you." She says.

"So you have changed your mind about having sex with me after our first anniversary?" I say jokingly.

"Yes, wait No- Maybe." She says unsure.

"I don't want to rush you." I say laughing a weak laugh.

I realized that the drugs have already kicked in.

"I better go take that rest you suggested." I say.

"Yeah." She says.

"Bye." I say.

"Bye." She says.

And we hang up.

I throw my legs on the bed and I look up at the ceiling thinking. I know taking drugs isn't exactly something ethical but it helps me feel relaxed and takes away my headache pains. Ever since the incident with the pepsi commercial my headaches have only been getting worse. The two things helping it are Ava and these drugs. For some reason whenever Ava is in my presence all my worries go away and all I see is her shining face laughing. Its like she had this power to make me do anything to please her. To make her happy. To make her mine. I hug my pillow sighing.

______________________

I wake up to see two violet eyes 5 inches apart from my face staring at me innocently. I jump up and we bump foreheads. She falls down on her bottom holding her forehead with a pained look.