Chap. 16

AVA POV

_______________

I am now sobbing histerically. I try slapping him but he isn't waking up. I keep screaming his name. I start crawling to the phone on his bed. I call 911

"911 emergency . What is your emergency ?"

"MICHAEL JACKSON IS DYING PLEASE HELP COME." I scream on the phone crying.

"Mam, are you joking around?" She askes me.

"NO, WHAT THE HELL COME!" I yell.

"We are coming. For now try CPR." They tell me.

They instruct me on how to do CPR. 

I hang up and I start doing cpr on him. After a few tries I still hear nothing.

"MICHAEL! MICHAEL!" I sob.

I hear the ambulance outside. 

I hear their footsteps on the stairs. 

They come in and take him. 

"Mrs, you have to let go of his hand." One of them tell me.

"NO! SHUT UP!" I sob.

They let me hold his hand. I get in the ambulance with him as they help him. I held his hand through it all. When we got to the hospitail I had to let go but I wouldn't. So they had to get some police to hold me down as they took him in. 

I sat down in the waititng room looking like a mess. They tried to take me home but I wouldn't talk. I didn't talk the whole time. I was too busy staring into space. Thinking of nothing. I must have looked like a physico. But I could care less.

His mother came first with his little sister Janet. Janet sat with me holding me. We all didn't say anything.  The rest of his family came but I couldn't see a sign of his dad which was weird. Jackie made sure to stay a good 20 feet away from me. His dad finally came 15 minutes later.

A women doctor came to us. Anxious, we all sat forward waiting for news. 

"Michael has made it." She said smiling.

Everyone sighs and his mother is sobbing.

I look up at her from my zone. 

"I want to see him." I say.

"He hasn't woken up yet. And no visitors yet." She says.

"What exactly happened?" La Toya askes her.

"He was taking drugs and-" She says.

"DRUGS WHAT THE F***" Joseph interrups getting up.

"Honey!" Katherine says looking at Joseph.

He sits back down as the doctor finishes.

"As I was saying. He had overdosed on drugs. This of course by mistake." She says.

Janet hugged me tighter. She was so supportive. I have talked to her before and we have chatted on the phone sometimes so I am closer to her then any other of his siblings. She is like a little sister.

 "I'm leaving." I say getting up.

Janet let go of me.

When I open the hospitial exit I feel the cool air on my sweaty forehead. The hair once plasterd to my head now flew in the wind. It must be freezing but all I feel is the wind. I start running. I run. I run. And I run. My body is screaming for me to stop but I don't. I realize that I stopped. When I look up I see the abandon building. Where we met. I start climbing the ladder again. When I get to the roof I lay on the bench. 

I start screaming. I scream and I scream. Even as my throat gets sore. 

What would have happened if I didn't come? He would be gone. Forever.

If he died I would be-

I shivered. The cold started getting to me. The only thing replaying in my head were his words.

"I'm sorry." 

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."