Chap. 8

AVA POV

___________________

I have to vote that today was probably one of the craziest days I have ever had I think to myself as I lay spread out on my bed. I sigh and I hear my phone ring.

"Hey Plumhead." I hear a soft voice say.

"Hey Applehead." I say.

"How was your day?" He asked sincerely.

"It was wicked crazy!" I tells him.

"Well first I me- " I stopped for a second. Even though applehead and I were really close. I know he would get worried- or jealous about that incident with Michael. 

"You what?" He asked confused.

"I met Michael Jackson backstage and he signed my T-shirt." I lie.

"That is nice. But why couldn't I find you." He asked.

"So you were there" I say feeling hurt but adds sarcasm suprise.

"Uh, Yeah. I was. I uh- was trying to eh- suprise you! By showing up unexpected." He musters.

I have a feeling he is hiding something and I sigh on the other end.

"WHAT KIND OF SUPRISE IS THAT?!" I yell on the other line.

"WELL I'M SORRY IF IT WASN'T A PERFECT SUPRISE!" He yells back.

This just makes me laugh and I start laughing uncontrollably.

I hear him laughing on the other end. And we have fixed it just like that. Our crack in the relationship has been stitched and became good as new in just a laugh.

 "So did you like the song?" He asked me.

"Once he got on the stage I was mesmerised. The way he moved too! Oh my gosh I couldn't take my eyes off his every move. Me and my friend Ashl-" I didn't want to say her real name. Not until we met.

"Me and my friend acne tried to moonwalk home." I finish.

"Her real name is Acne? Wait. You just don't want to tell me her name." He says.

"Not until you tell me your name 'applehead'." She said teasingly.

"Plumhead. I have to tell you something." H e says darkly.

"You're leaving New York City right?" I ask him hurt.

"Yeah." He says quietly.

"When?" I ask quietly.

"Tomorrow night." He whispers.

Something in my heart broke knowing I wont ever get to see this man I like. A tear falls down my cheek. I sniffle. I laugh a weak laugh.

"So that's it?" I ask.

"NO!" He says confidently.

"We can meet tomorrow. I promise." He says.

"Okay." I say feeling a little bit better.

"But where?" I ask him sighing

"In central park. We can meet there." He says excited.

"What time?" I ask.

"At 5:20pm." He tells me.

I couldn't believe we could finally meet. This waiting will be over. We both yawn at the same time.

"Jinx!" We both say tiredly. We laugh.

"It's pretty late. I'm gonna go to sleep okay?" I say.

"Yeah. I should too." He says.

"Goodbye." I say.

"Goodbye." He says.

And I hang up.

THE NEXT DAY

___________________

I finish drying my hair and I sniff it. Perfect. It smells like roses. I glance at my green crop shirt designed with red apples laid on my bed, next to my light blue shorts. After I finish fitting on my clothes. I tie my sneakers. And I wrapped a sweater around my waist in case it got windy. I look in the mirror smiling. I am about to walk out the door when I realize my hair is a mess. I laugh at myself and I grab my curling iron. I curl my hair into small curls with one curve. I apply a blue headband. I grab my bag that has a Taser and peppersray and my phone with 911 on speed dial (Just in case he makes an attack). I aslo have a water bottle in it and some cash. I stuff my keys in the bag as well. I look at the newspaper on my desk to find a picture of me and michael on the front cover. They call me mysterious girl. I laugh  and I run out the door closing it behind me.

I walk to central park. I look at my watch and see its 5:10pm. Looks like I have to wait. I sigh as I see kids playing with their parents. I sit on the swings. I start swinging and the swing creaks and weeps. I start singing the song Michael sang. I know im off key but I don't care. I felt the way he sang and it compelled me.

I opened my eyes and I saw a man walking in the park. He was pretty far away so I couldn't make out his features. I smiled and I stopped the swing as he came closer. He looked like a man in his 30's. He didn't look bad. I smiled at him and waved. He gave me a confused look and walked up to this little boy playing on the slide next to a woman and kissed her and gave his kid a hug. Looks like I got the wrong guy I think. I keep swinging and I look at my watch. 5:25pm. He is late I sigh. My phone starts to ring and I stop the swing and I grab my phone quickly.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Listen Plumhead, this is urgent. Come to this abandon building 2 blocks away as fast as you can. This kid is trying to kill himself!" He says shakly.

"Oh my god. I'm coming." I say. 

I hang up and jump off my swing. I start to run out the park like a manic I take out my taser and hold it. Just in case.

OoOoOo is he gonna do something he regrets or is he telling the truth? Let's find out in the next chapter. If you are really enjoying this, please comment and or vote? I really want the reader's opinion on how this story is going. Anyway over and out -sucks teeth-