Chap. 31

MICHAEL POV

______________________

I have tried my best to avoid going home with Ava but it’s getting useless.

"Michael are you hiding something from me?" Ava asks me.

"Nope not really." I say.

"Then move from the door so I can get in." She says.

"But don't you want to-" I try to say.

"No. I want to go to bed." She said irritated.

It was getting pretty late. And touring started tomorrow.

"Fine." I say giving up.

I open the door to see Bubbles hopping up and down and clapping his hands. But I didn't hear any arguing. Thank god.

Ava walked it and patted Bubbles' head. I followed behind her and she was heading for the stairs.

"It’s only 10." I say.

"Yeah, and we have to get up at 6 tomorrow." She said yawning.

I check all over the house to see if my parents were here. No sign of them. I will call my mother just in case.

"Yes Michael?" My mother answers.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Of course Michael." She says.

"I heard- arguing." I say.

The other line is quiet for a while.

"Don't let that bother you Michael. It was just a little talk me and Joseph had." She says.

But I knew something was wrong.

"Is he okay with me wanting children?" I ask.

"No. He says it would interfere with your work. As well as having a wife." She said.

"I think I'm capable of having a family. I won’t let my career get in the way of making a family." I say.

"But you have to choose what comes first Michael." She says.

"Family of course." I say.

"But all that work you have done will just all go down the drain." Mother says.

"I can have a family and a career at the same time." I say.

"I know you can honey. But I'm just worried about the stress you might feel." Mother says.

"I know you are." I say.

The other line is silent.

"You know I love you and Ava." She says.

"Yes. I know." I say.

"And I wish the best for you guys." She says.

"Yes." I say.

"I trust you will make the right decisions so I won't get in your way." She says.

"Thank you mom." I say.

I can tell she is smiling over the phone.

"Well goodnight love." She said,

"Goodnight." I say.

And I hung up.

I happily walked up the stairs and I opened my room door. I see Ava asleep next to Bubbles. How cute. But I'm supposed to be where Bubbles is right now. I pick him up and I lay him on my chair. I fall beside Ava and she moans in her sleep.