Chap. 4

AVA POV

________________

I drop the last of my boxes on the ground of my apartment and I heave a heavy sigh. I wipe sweat from my forehead as I thank my moving driver.  I watch as he drives away.  I grab my water bottle and I drink the whole bottle. I drank too fast and some of the water went down the wrong hole. I started to cough uncontrollably. I saw a person running to me from the conerer of my eye. 

"Are you okay miss?" She said with a worried face. 

"Yeah, just drank too fast." I say smiling

My coughing slows down a bit.

The girl staring at me was at least 11 years old and she has 1 ginger ponytail and she has on shorts and a picture of Michael Jordan on her shirt and in her hands was a basketball. She was pretty tall.

"I'm your new neighbor." She said smiling.

"Wanna play? Im unbeatable." She said proudly holding the basketball out to me.

"Yeah I would like to sometime but not right now." I say rubbing her head.

She smiles a weak smile and as she turns away I see a dissapointed look on her face.

"What the heck. Playing it for a few minutes wont kill me." I say running after her.

"Alright. There is a park a block away. Let's go." She says.

She starts to warm up and stretch and I never really did play basketball so I don't really know how to warm up so I just copied what she was doing.

"You do know how to play, right?" She asked.

"Uh, no." I say ashamed.

"Well we don't have teams. But its pretty simple. Just try to steal the ball from me and throw it in that hoop and you get 2 points." She says pointing to a hoop on the left side.

"Also no hitting, pushing, slapping, or holding the ball too long without dribbling." She says.

"Okay. Lets play." I say.

The way she moved with the ball was like dancing. I was so caught up with looking at her move I was losing. After the game it was 24 to 10. 

"Wow, I beat you real bad." She said laughing.

"I let you win." I say.

"Sure." She says sarcastically.

We stop by the deli to buy some water and we get back to our apartment building. 

"I never caught your name." I say to her.

"My name is Ashely." She says

"Nice name Ashely." I say smiling at her.

"Thanks, and your name." She says asking.

"It's Ava." I say shaking her hand.

"Nice meeting you Ava." She says.

"You too Ashely." I says.

She waves goodbye to me and turns away running to her house with her ponytail bouncing.

I sigh and remember Bobby telling me to video chat him once I got there. I sighed and opened my laptop and video called Bobby.

He answered smiling at me. He then gives me a concerned look.

"Why are you sweating so much?" He askes worried.

"I just came back from playing basketball with my neighbor," I say laughing.

"Cool was it a he or a she?" He askes with a suspicious tone.

"It's a little kid Bobby. And I don't want you to be those annoying boyfriends who are overprotective while their girlfriends are on trips." I say exhausted.

"Fine, fine. I'm just worried about you a lot because we are like over 5000 miles away!" He says.

'I know you are." I say smiling.

"Now I'm gonna go take a shower now that im all sweaty and gross. You're lucky you can't smell me." I say.

"Bye lovely." He says smiling.

"Goodbye sweeties." I say.

And I close the laptop.

I get into my bathroom and I strip naked. I turn on the water to cool and I hop in. The water on me feels great.

I get out the tub and I walk to my room and dry myself. I put on my underwear and then I put on my favorite and most comfortable pajamas that have turtles all over them. I used to have turtles but they died after having them for 5 years. I mean it kind of hurts you know when you get attached to something for a long while and then its just gone. I had a funeral for them and my dad was the one who buried them. Just thinking about my dad hurt me a lot. I already had all my furniture set up and my kitchen was stocked with food. I turned on my radio and I grabbed a bowl of cheese puffs and sat on the couch as I daydreamed about my dad being alive. 

Then something came on the radio. 

"If you are our 100th caller you will get two free backstage tickets to a michael Jackson concert."  The annoucer says.

A free concert huh? I guess I would need that. Who is this Michael Jackson anyway. I think.

I grab my cellphone and I call the number. 

"Hello?" I say 

"Hello, sorry you're our 92th caller try again next time." They say and hang up.

This time I get frustrated and call again.

"HELLO! I CALLED AND YOU JUST HUNG UP ON ME THAT IS KIND OF RUDE YOU KNOW! PLUS I DESERVE TO WI-." I say stopping in the middle of my sentence. Because I hear myself on the radio. 

"Hello! You are our 100th caller congratulations on winning a backstage ticket to a Michael Jackson concert.  Plus since we are feeling nice this evening we are letting you bring a special guest. How do you feel?!" The dj askes

"Uh, uh, uh." I say confused and suprised.

"That is how I would feel too." He responses.

"If you give us your email we will send you the ticket right away." He says.

I snap back into focus and I say, "It's AvaGreen@mail.com."

"Thank you miss." He says.

"NO! Thank you." I say too enthusiastically.

"Bye miss."

"Bye. And thank you again." I say happily.

I hang up and I bounce around the house doing summersaults. So far so good in New York City. I think to myself smiling. 

 Is this where they are gonna finally meet you are thinking to yourself? Or is Michael too shy? Let us find out in the next chapter. BTW the next chapter is all Michael's POV. And it's a phone call for most of the time. Please comment and tell me how you feel about this.