Chap. 39

5 YEARS LATER

AVA POV

___________________

I poke Michael's foot with my toe.

"Doing work is so booooring." I sigh.

Michael and I were in bed handling "business" after we put Charlie to sleep. He is scared of the window from a traumatizing experience. Long story short, a fan had broken through his window and went a little crazy on him.

"Ava, you know I have to find away to get away from this debt." Michael sighed rubbing his nose bridge.

I took his fingers off his face and looked into his eyes. His face had grown tired after so much work and these kids.

"Michael, you need a break." I whisper placing my hand on cheek.

"Bu-"

"Michael! The debt can wait. It's only a few 10,000 dollars." I say.

"But Ava..." He sighed resting his face on my hand.

"We will find a way to get through this." I say.

"Maybe if I buy Marvel for cheap money then..." Michael said doing calculations in his head.

I let out a frustrated breath and I fall back on my pillow.

"Michael, you need to focus on your singing." I finally muster.

"But that alone won't do me any good!" He huffs.

"Just try. At least for me?" I ask.

Michael stares into my eyes for a few seconds and then nods.

"But first, you need a break, from the world for a second. You need a place to escape." I smile.

"With me." I finish.

"And the children." Michael added.

"Or not." I murmur.

"What do you mean?" He asks me.

"I mean, the kids are always with us, shouldn't we take a break of them?" I ask.

"But I love them." Michael said.

"I do too. But just one week break wouldn't hurt a soul." I say.

Michael gave me a disapproving look. I took my pointer finger and pointed it up, to signal 1.

"One week." I say.

"No."

"One."

"No."

"One, one, one, one, one, one, one, one-this-is-going-to-go-on-forever-until-you-choose, one, one, one-"

"OKAY OKAY!" Michael said dropping his paperwork and grabbing me.

He tickled me until I couldn't breathe. His smile brightened up his face and I couldn't possibly see him anymore happier.

Michael pinned my arms on the bed and kissed me. It has been so long since he kissed me like that. I hadn't realized how much I missed it until he did it.

I kissed him back with the same passion he gave.

"This is why I love you Ava." Michael whispered in my ear.

I smiled and kissed his ear. He let go of my arms and hugged me. We kind of just cuddled in a little ball for the rest of the time and we whispered our thoughts to each other. We even cried for a bit.