Chapter 6: Chills

This coat does nothing to stop me from feeling the bitter cold of the outside world. Why did the temperature have to be so low on the only day that I'm required to leave the manor in the next few weeks? I give Sebastian a glare as I see him blissfully unaware of the fact that it's freezing cold. Damn demon.

"My apologies my Lord. I truly expected the carriage to arrive on time." He gives me a signature smile which I would have appreciated if I wasn't turning blue. It barley takes him a second to unbutton and slide his coat off to use as a cover to hang around me. This is one of the only reasons why I try not to complain about him being taller than me even though I have grown to become five foot four in the past three years.

"Th-Thank you." Flakes of snow continue to land on my exposed, sulking face as I stare at the unaffected demon with a hint of jealousy. "Damn this weather."

"Complaining won't help you, Ciel." That makes me hold my tongue, he uses my name sparingly in order to shock me each time. At least, I believe he plans it meticulously. Otherwise I really have to stop assuming the worst from him.

"I obviously understand that."

"Your understanding never stopped you before." I turn around as Sebastian shifts behind me in a blur. Arms wrapping around me over his coat, drawing me in close enough to press my face against his warm chest.

"What the Hell are you doing Sebastian?!" My heart pounding and face flushing as I try to pull away from him but he holds me in place. "If I do this then I can not only shield your face, I can keep you warm while we wait." Oh. So it's just to do his job. Alright. Wait why am I disappointed? I hate physical contact!

"After all, if I carry you in this weather you would be chilled to the bone and I would be exposed in front of all of the people who look out of the windows." Again those are good reasons. So why do I still feel this way?

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of wheels rolling on the gravel pathway just behind me. "Carriage for Earl Phantomhive?" A gruff voice asks. "Yes, just a moment." Sebastian answers as he holds me tighter.

"But the carriage is-"

"I know, Ciel. I know."