Chapter 58: Infatuation

We are still Sebastian!

To this day, I only have a loose theory on what occurred that fateful night.

I believe that Ciel was suppressing the darkness within him for far too long. That his nightmares became more intense the more he tried to push the memories further down within himself. Until the worst of memories came to light.

I believe that he re-enacted the events of that night. Breaking the mirror like he tried to break a window. Only he's stronger now, able to smash a mirror with ease.

I can only imagine what he had done to escape.

But I know what they did to punish him.

And it lead to a lifelong fear that could have ruined the intimate relationship he has worked so hard to achieve.

He has faced his demons head on, every day I am reminded of his strength.

Drawing power from his kiss.

As for myself? I saw the purity of his soul expel the darkness that encapsulates it's being in that moment. I witnessed a divine presence shine from the very fibre of my young master's being and I saw the light. Followed it. Embraced it all within a single second. The only time I had ever truly experienced human emotions besides the deadly sins, something that no demon has ever experienced.

I saw heaven in my beautiful little Lord and I fell madly in love with the man who gave me an identity. The man who gave me so much more than a name. The man whose very existence is contrary to demonkind.

The human who seduced the demon.

He breathed new life into this lifeless husk. This shell that was never intended to be mine.

And for all that time, my obsession with my dear little Master was suppressed. I was silenced. Hiding from the truth that one day I would be forced to witness the man I craved become the husband of another.

Believing that it was better to conceal than it was to damage the heart of my beloved.

Yet, here I am. Cradling my fiancé, my little piece of heaven, as he stays in the clutches of sleep. Waiting for the moment that the clock strikes seven, the moment I long for most after a night of yearning to see those beautiful eyes finally open to meet mine.

My favourite moment of the day.

And as the clock announces the beginning of my Lord's new day, I gracefully lean forwards to press my lips against his, savouring the special moment where he responds in kind even before he regains full consciousness. Hearing the change in his breathing occur as a muffled sigh escapes him.

Every night I tell myself that this time I won't take a peek to watch those magnificent eyes of his and every morning I fail at my task. Peering attentively as his eyelashes flutter to life, eyelids opening ceremoniously as the enthralling eyes of my lover finally appear to meet with mine, tugging on the heartstrings that I never knew I possessed. Only to close again a few seconds later as he reciprocates my sweet kiss with a generosity that startles me to this day.

A naturally loving kisser.

And yet, I only find myself falling so much more deeply into his clutches as we part. Watching as he smiled a breathtakingly beautiful smile. One that could enrapture the gods.

"Good morning my darling." I announce sentimentally, as his beautiful eyes grace my own with their gaze.

"Good morning, dear." He answers with an enticingly deeper, more tired tone as he stretches within my arms, only to curl himself around me like the soft little kitten he has become.

"Would you like me to list off your schedule for today?"

An adorable little "mmhmm" can be heard as his warm face snuggles into the crook of my neck, encouraging me to continue.

"As you wish, Elizabeth would like to speak to you at some point today, she told me it was urgent."

"I hope it's nothing bad."

"I don't think it will be, my dear. There's no use in worrying before she has mentioned anything regardless, alright?" I add, leaning down to rest my head against his, allowing myself the satisfaction of rubbing the small of his back in circles, finding pleasure in these intimate moments of ours.

"Alright, Se-....." He responds, only to go silent whilst attempting to pronounce my name. It doesn't take a genius to realise that I made my beautiful little lover so comfortable that he drifted back into the grasp of sleep.

And as I'm about to attempt to wake him once more, I begin to fall victim to his adorable little snorts.

I'm a pushover when it comes to my dazzling little bluenette.

And somehow, I simply don't mind it.