Chapter 59: Confessions

Ciel's POV

"You do understand the risk that comes with a love like this, don't you?" Sebastian asks from a place in his heart that only I am privy to. A source of sympathy found only in the past we share. From the demon who fell for his master.

"I do...but I also want to be happy and seeing you both...it makes me feel like I have a chance." Elizabeth anxiously states, causing us both to relax into a more comforting moment.

"I think that perhaps...perhaps you should try to have a first date. Test the waters. After all, what you feel currently isn't love, it's attraction so far." I suggest, earning the approval of both parties.

"Well...I suppose I must ask for myself. Do I look okay?" Her nervousness is far too clear as she fiddles about with her hair.

"You look as lovely as always. Try not to worry too much. We'll plan your whole evening."

"Thank you Ciel!" She clings herself upon me once more, the same way she used to. Always strong enough to leave me breathless. But this time, I return her warm hug, as does Sebastian when it becomes his turn.

His turn to be held by someone other than myself. Other than our children.

And he seems to enjoy it. Granted, he has that slightly unnerving faux "nice" smile that I've known for nine years, but it's a start.

"It's no problem Elizabeth, now go and chase after them!"

As she giddily waltzed from the room, Sebastian's smile disappears in an instant. Something that, just as his "relaxed" state, becomes less disturbing with time.

"I knew you were faking it." I announce proudly, curious as to why he forced himself in the first place.

"You always knew when I faked a smile. I just...I simply don't enjoy being hugged by other people. It's wrong."

"It's not that bad Sebastian, I mean, you tolerated having to hold me for six years."

"That was different, you were injured and under my protection. I may not have enjoyed it then but I was more concerned about keeping you alive. Besides, you were always adorable in your sleep, I gave you that at least." He speaks as though the demon he once was is not the same person anymore. As if it were someone else.

"What about our children?"

"Ciel, you do understand that I see you in them, don't you?"

"No. No I really didn't think of it that way. I mean, I thought Astre looked like me but Eliza looks like a slightly more strawberry blonde version of Elizabeth."

"It's the eyes, Ciel."

"Astre, yes but Eliza-"

"Eliza has your shape, your huge pupils and your long lashes."

"I never-"

"Of course you never noticed, humans can't always see facial similarities in their kin."

"Wait a moment Michaelis, do you mean to tell me that my blood runs through their veins?"

"I do."

"How?! Madam Red never bore children."

"She couldn't."

A cold chill runs through me as the dreaded thought of where they came from comes to mind. "My Father...or my Mother. Who was it Sebastian?"

"Vincent."

And, with one word comes a flood of grief more destructive than even Lucifer himself could ever endure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elizabeth's POV

I find myself almost running through the never ending halls of this grand mansion, trying to find the one I have sought after, ever since I first spoke with you.

Their voice ringing in my ears as I open door after door, never seeming to find the one I so desperately want to see.

The one who showed me a type of joy I never knew that I needed in my life.

Searching and searching and searching.

Searching for the words to speak when I finally see you again.

Will you ever appear?

It is only when I sprint outside into the manor's grounds that you catch my eye. Just as you did the night you blessed my cheek with your sweet lips.

It doesn't take long, to catch up with you.

Not really.

"Lizzy, why're you running? Are you injured?" Your concern touches my heart as I laugh breathlessly, having ran all this way to find you.

"Heavens no. I came to ask you something."

"Ask me what, exactly?"

"Well...I-I seem to have fallen for you. I can't tell you when or why it happened and I'm not expecting to hear a similar response but I would like to ask you if you would like to uh-...If you'd like to have dinner with me this evening."

"A-As a date?"

"Yes, as a date."

"Of course I will, how could I resist the company of a lady such as yourself?"

"Oh! Finny! You've made me the happiest girl in the world!"

And, with one reply comes a flood of joy more enrapturing than even God himself could ever imagine.