Chapter 63: Dress-Up

Ciel's POV

"Ciel, Sebastian, I can't decide what colour my dress should be! I need your help." Lizzy exclaims as I enter the the walk-in wardrobe filled with beautiful gowns. I see my cousin's face light up as soon as her eyes rest on the hand so lovingly held

"What are your options?" I ask quizzically, as I carefully let's go of my lover's hand, only to step closer to my blonde friend.

"Well...the wig Sebastian has given me will make me a brunette, so I have chosen a lighter colour palette. Sky blue, a soft green and a yellow."

"Perhaps...I have a dress that uh..." I begin to trail off, my train of thought thudding to a halt as the image of my Mother springs to mind. Her favourite dress. One that Elizabeth was to wear at our wedding reception...It's the only thing I can think of her wearing. The beautiful blue bringing out the green in her eyes. "I have my Mother's favourite dress. If you'd like to try it on."

"Ciel you don't-!"

"You'd look breathtaking. Finny would be fawning over you, and as my cousin, it is your right to wear Rachael Phantomhive's gown after all, that was the dress she wore the night Vincent fell in love with her. It will bring you luck." Tears well in her eyes as she scoops me into her arms, holding me close enough to hear her heart thump.

"I'll wear it! In honour of my Auntie. Oh, thank you Ciel!" I let out a laugh as she finally let's go of me, her smile reaching her eyes as Sebastian retrieves the infamous dress.

"It's yours, she wanted you to have it."

"It's as beautiful as it was on the day I saw her wear it." She exclaims, excitedly stroking the material. Ready to jump into it right there and then. I won't stop her.

"My apologies but we must leave you to get dressed." Sebastian announces from behind me. Gloved hand placed comfortably on my shoulder. Silently supporting me, as always.

"Oh! Then I'll see you later tonight..." Her voice trails off as she realises that I am unable to stay with her.

"Don't miss me too much Lizzie, after all, Eliza, Sieglinde and Mey-Rin will do a whole lot more to make you shine than I can."

"They have a more developed sense of style." Sebastian admits to my surprise, causing me to retaliate against him with the cold hard truth.

"Says the man who only wears one outfit on a daily basis."

"Well..." He gives a wave as we walk through the door out into the hallway before continuing. "I have something special to wear this evening, and so do you."

"What do you have in mind?"

"Wait and see, my dear. Just wait and see."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three Hours Later

The darkness is annoyingly debilitating as my lover's hands gently tighten the bodice of the mysterious dress I've been forced into.

"Did you really have to put my old eyepatch on my other eye?" I moan, frustrated with the lack of sight. Feeling the ribbons of the corset structure being tied behind my back, only to have a sachet tied around my already tightened waistline. Begging for the slightest of touches to at least give me a reason to appear to be happy in some way.

"Yes, I'm not wearing my usual tie and quite frankly I don't trust it to stay put. Your eyepatch was the second best option and a humorous one at that."

"Oi! Watch it or I'll order you take a day off doing duties." Strange punishment. Believe me I know, but he enjoys partaking in them enough to call serving me and keeping the Manor up to standard his hobbies.

"You wouldn't torture me so~"

"I could and I would." Arms wrap around my waist, allowing me to take the pressure off of my feet for a moment by leaning against my darling entirely.

"You're so cruel to me, my Lord~"

"I never claimed to be anything less."

"It would seem as though you fit perfectly into your role as the Evil Nobleman~"

"Well, perhaps that could be changed~"

"Not a chance, for you see, you can't mess with perfection~" My hand rises in hopes of meeting his cheek as he gently kisses mine, my fingers sliding through his silky smooth hair with ease.

A flattered smile forms on my face as I feel a blush gently brush my cheeks.

"You love me too much~" I admit, admiring his level of devotion and passion towards me. Hidden within even the smallest of touches.

"Too much' has never been part of my vocabulary when it comes to you. Nothing can ever be too much."

"I'm lucky to have you, Sebastian."

"And I'm lucky to have such an incredible man as my first and last love." First and last. The reminder of my importance in his life sends a wave of sadness that can only be expressed with four simple words.

What if I die?

"Now my dearest, would you like to see yourself?" He asks melodically. My nod being my silent answer as the old eyepatch is removed, revealing the stunning mirror before me. The light blinding me for a few seconds before my eyes become accustomed to it.

But there is one thing that my eyes could never become accustomed to.

The attractive young, strange woman who is staring back at me. Her hair long and delicately curled. Her dress accentuating her slim yet curved frame, showing a cleavage that—quite frankly—wasn't there originally.

I step closer, to the reflection of myself. Of the woman I have so suddenly become. A smile plastered on my face as I stare at the flattering ruffles and pearls that bless this outfit.

I watch as the love of my life unpins the green ribbon only to attach a red rose in it's place

I watch as the love of my life unpins the green ribbon only to attach a red rose in it's place. His hands moving methodically as he then prepares my hair, arranging red roses to stay within it's slate curls.

"It's incredible Sebastian, I've never seen something so gorgeous."

"You've bewitched me, Ciel."

I allow myself a chuckle, turning to face my lover only to find him gazing at me longingly.

"Smitten are we?"

"No my dear. This is adoration; and looking at you now... I would wed you in a heartbeat."

"And I would say 'I do.'"