Chapter 33: Friends

As soon as the doorbell rang, Elizabeth jumped off of the chair and straight to the door. Choosing to answer it herself, even before Sebastian could get up.

I'm glad she's excited. She deserves anything that will make her feel better. Two of her suitors are now dead, after all.

"You may have to move my Lord, Sieglinde doesn't know about our relationship yet." He warns me before kissing the nape of my neck.

"Ugh! Fiiiine." I whine, rolling my eyes as I shift off of Sebastian's lap onto the couch beside him.

"You're the laziest person I have ever seen."

"It isn't laziness, Sebastian. It's called being more comfortable on your partner's lap than on your own damn couch."

His laughter rings in my ear as he gives me a quick kiss, pulling back and standing far too soon.

"Ciel! Sebastian! Oh, how I've missed you!" Sieglinde exclaims excitedly, Elizabeth wheeling her into the room, her ornately carved wheelchair slowing to a halt as Sebastian lifts the young lady into him arms to place her at my side.

Allowing her enough room to hug me.

"Welcome back Sieglinde . How have you been? I haven't seen you in far too long."

"I've been doing well, the Queen has been treating me like a princess." She remarks, still leaning against me instead of sitting independently. Which I don't mind at all.

"It still amazes me that she adopted you into our culture so openly."

"I know! It's truly incredible. Though I've missed you all terribly. Especially you, Elizabeth."

"We haven't seen each other in over a year! I'm so happy to see you again." Something clicks in my head, a connection is made. One that Sebastian somehow sees in my eyes as I look at the smile on Elizabeth's face.

"If you two don't mind, I would like to take you out on the town. All expenses paid, of course." All eyes were on me, each face displaying a different expression.

Shock, surprise and a knowing smirk greet me as I take a gander at every face in the room, finishing by gazing into the crimson eyes of a particularly handsome demon.

"That would be incredible Ciel!"

"Are you sure?!"

"The Young Master wouldn't lie to his friends for a second." Well...not right now.

"Are you sure I can go out in the chair? I don't know if it'll be accessible-"

"My Lady, if need be, I will carry you into stores."

"You and your wheelchair are in safe hands with Sebastian. I assure you."

"I know that I just don't want to be a burden..."

"Sieglinde , you're no bother to me or to the Young Master. Otherwise I wouldn't have offered to hold you and my Lord would never have mentioned going out in the first place."

"Exactly. Well said." Elizabeth remarks, getting up from her seat to kneel before her friend. "If Sebastian can carry Ciel around, he can certainly carry you with no difficulty whatsoever." Not even the heaviest man on the planet could be difficult for Sebastian to carry.

"Alright...then, I'd love to. On one condition."

"And what would that be?"

"Sebastian needs to act like a nobleman until we return to the Manor."