Chapter 21: Plotting

The sun shines through the windows as I pull Elizabeth into my arms, our hug lasting barely a minute before pulling away only to hold each other's hands. Despite having grown a bit over the years, Elizabeth has still turned out taller than myself. Which is no surprise to me at this point. Everyone is taller than me, it's just a fact of my life.

"How has Sebastian been treating you, dear friend?" She asks in a much more mellow tone than her usual very high pitch, which I assume was a front she put on to appear more 'cute'.

"Very well, in fact, when I'm with him as I fall asleep, might night terrors lessen majorly." I explain, treading lightly on the issue as I truly don't want her to feel upset by the mention of my relationship. I don't want to lose her again. Not now.

"I'm glad to see you so happy Ciel, that's all I ever wanted in this world. To see you smile and the way you look at Sebastian, well... I see great love there, from both of you."

We both avert our gaze to Sebastian whose eyes meet ours, flashing me a kind smile before sending a friendly nod Elizabeth's way.

We both let out a chuckle as we turn to face each other. "I have been waiting for someone to look at me as Sebastian looks at you. Like you were the only person in the world. That's why I want your help, as my cousin and my best friend. If you can find love as strong as this, then...you can help me find it too."

"I will." I hold her hands up higher as they're intertwined with mine. "We will."

"With the help of Sebastian of course. Possibly Mey-Rin...maybe Finny-"

"Basically everyone who lives in the Manor? Even Tanaka?" I think back to when I privately told Tanaka about Sebastian and I, how heartbroken he was to hear that Elizabeth was hurt but how glad he was that I found joy. He would do anything to help her.

"Of course. We all want you to be happy Lady Lizzy." Mey-Rin chimes in, laying a hand on her arm as she smiles. "We'd do anything to help you, after all, we watched you grow up into the beautiful young woman you are today."

"Thank you, all of you, I finally feel like I can truly be happy."

"We are family, you don't have to walk alone anymore." Sebastian adds with a smooth tone, walking closer to stand at my side. "We will prepare everything for you, all you have to do is show up and be charming, which I'm sure isn't hard for you. But you are related to the Ciel so would be difficu-"

I elbow him in the ribs, causing him to wheeze as he laughs. Snaking an arm around my waist.

"You didn't let me finish! You're related to Ciel so it would be difficult not to be." I feel the heat rise in my cheeks as I look down at my feet. Averting eye contact with anyone. All I can hear are the chuckles of all three of them.

"Bastard..."

Two Hours Later

The constant phone calls, invitations being made and sent in huge numbers, plans for themes, for costumes, for makeup artists and tailors. For possible candidates and new potential social circles. It's enough to make anyone's head spin. Including, but certainly not limited to, my own.

"Sebastian how am I going socialise with all of these people?"

"It'll be simple, my Lord. They wouldn't be focused on you. They would be looking at her."

"And do you really expect there not to be upperclassmen seeking to propose a business venture to get higher up on the food chain?"

"If you're truly that bothered by it, I can pose as you for the evening."

"You're kidding me."

"I'm not, surprisingly."

"You're too damn tall to pretend to be me!"

"I am able change my appearance Bocchan. Always have been able to."

"What?!" I basically shout, the aggravation evident on my face. "What's wrong?" He asks nonchalantly like there was nothing wrong with this at all. "You had me wear a dress and pretend to be seduced by that pervert!"

"I just wanted to see you in a dress, it was very adorable."

"You're an utter bastard!"

"As you've told me before." He mentions with a coy smile. Damn him. Damn him to Hell. Why does that smile aggravate me and yet render me placid.

"Now that this is established, can you show me how you intend to become me?" The cocky bastard moves his arms away from his body in a 'watch this' motion. Jumping up and flipping his body backwards, his clothes are the first to deteriorate. Wispy embers creating another outfit entirely, his legs moving in on themselves. Hair shifting to show a different colour entirely. And when his foot finally touches the ground, I find myself staring into my own eyes. The only difference between us are the black nails that make themselves known as he twirls around, showing me everything about his transformation. The long coat, a smooth black with silver detailing. The shirt a very familiar style and smart trousers that match the coat so perfectly.

"Wow..." Is all I can muster as I take a few steps forward, letting my hand rest against my- his cheek. "Admiring ourselves, are we?" He asks in my voice.

"More like admiring you." I answer with a smile, looking into the eyes I have only seen in the mirror. "Does it feel strange, seeing yourself staring back at you?"

"It isn't me, my dear. It's you. All I see is you in these eyes. In that symbol that glows at my touch." All I can ever see is you.

"The only thing strange about it is that I don't have to look up to look you in the eyes."

The chuckle that escapes those lips is entirely his own as his hand reaches up to gently hold mine. "And I don't have to look down at you."

Suddenly...a strange idea comes to my mind

"What would your usual form look like if it was as tall as this?"

"I could try to make it your height and age, if you wish."

"I wish it." Taking a few steps back to give him some room to move before giving him a nod, signalling that it's alright to transform now.

And with that, he kicks up into the air. Glowing a soft purple as he slowly recreates the form he has taken for eight years now. Ashes fall from his burning form as a new one emerges from beneath the dazzling violet embers. And as he lands, I see the young face of a boy with those signature crimson eyes. This time, there's no hesitation as I pull him into a hug, a higher pitched giggle sounded in my ear.

"Am I that adorable?"

"You're really soft...like a puppy." My hand slowly runs through his silky hair, my cheek pressed against his and the warmth that emanates from him begins to melt me in this embrace.

"I would prefer to be a kitten but I know that is the highest compliment that I could receive from you..." He shifts his head, his lips pressing against the shell of my ear. "My kitten." He purrs in my ear running a hand down my spine, leaving shivers in it's wake. Even the childish version of him could be so damn seductive...I truly do not stand a chance.

I try to respond. To say something. Anything. But when I open my mouth to speak, all that comes out is a squeak. Only causing more laughter as I try to calm myself down.

"Did I break you, Bocchan?"

All that I can muster is a small and meek, "Maybe..."

"Then I won't say a word until you manage to calm yourself, I promise."

And it was that moment that I knew, that if he could render me breathless with two words...maybe I could do the same to him.