Chapter 28: Demons

(WARNING ⚠️:  This chapter includes sexual content and includes a reckless procedure which you should never try if you have experienced sexual assault or rape. Doing this could worsen symptoms of PTSD and should definitely not be used as a solution to your issues.)

The Savoy luxury hotel comes into view through the carriage window as we draw ever closer to our destination. Sebastian quickly attaches a curly slate hairpiece into my hair, before undressing me and changing me into a corset-less blue dress in the blink of an eye. Taking out two matching rings, wedding bands, and sliding the sleeker one onto my finger oh so gently.

Sliding on his own as he leaves a soft kiss on my cheek. "They will believe we're a married couple, which means that any noise we make will not be investigated." The way he informs me just brings my anxieties back, but I swallow them down.

Not for him...but for me.

As we exit the carriage, the dress swirls around my ankles, giving me an itch that I can't scratch as a "Lady."

I suppose I can't complain since I have to be disguised. If Sebastian was the one in disguise then my reputation would be in ruins. And being in a homosexual relationship is already enough to obliterate the Phantomhive name.

For the very first time, he holds my hand in public with our suitcase in the other as we make our way up to the entrance and straight into the hotel lobby bustling with people from all over the world.

"Stay here, I'll check in. Try not to get lost sweetheart." The nickname so sweetly rolls from his tongue, filling me with warmth as he leaves to get the room key.

Leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I don't feel frightened...nervous? A little. But I'm not going to pussyfoot around the issue. If this could help me then...I'm going to do it.

"You look awfully pale, Milady," an older man informs me. I must be letting my anxieties take a hold of me.

"I assure you, there is no need to worry." I answer in a more feminine voice, matching my disguise.

"Are you sure-"

"I'm fine. Enjoy your evening." I quickly cut him off, keeping the feminine tone as I use my own sharp tongue behind it.

The man appears to get the message and walks away. Only for another to approach me. This time however, I can smell the lechery from here.

"Hey gorgeous, I could show you a good time~" What is it with men finding me attractive when I cross dress?

I point at Sebastian as he turns around to face us, clearly having heard every word. "Well he can show me a better one."

This seems to offend the man greatly, but it amuses Sebastian even greater.

"You do understand that I am not going to fuck the first man that catcalls me, right? What you say isn't intriguing in the slightest. It's just plain creepy." I say bluntly, watching Sebastian break into a laughing fit.

"You're missing out, I'm the full package-"

"The full package of bullshit. Leave me alone."

"Fine you bitch."

"Awe is someone annoyed that no one loves them?" I tease before turning to walk away, moving towards Sebastian to have a bit of protection from him. Only to find that he has our key.

"Come on, let's go." He says, intertwining our fingers once more.

One Awkward Elevator Ride Later